Singapore Jobs Assistant Manager/senior Assistant Manager, Research Support, Cbme (2-year #seek Position at National University of Singapore
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
We are currently looking for adequate candidates to fill the position of Assistant Manager/Senior Assistant Manager, Research Support, CBME (2-year #SEEK. For candidates who reside in Singapore and its surrounding areas, we are looking forward to hearing from you to join our team at National University of Singapore and willing to work in our office under contract working hours system.
We have specific requirements for each of our employees as well as potential workers because we are a professional and knowledgeable business in the field we work in. We look forward to hearing from you soon if you have expertise in the fields of Admin/Human Resources & Clerical/Administrative Support with a minimum Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma & Professional Degree.
We can give you a fairly competitive salary in the amount of SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700 on average. It also can be modified based on the credibility and experience you can provide for our business in accordance with our company HRD agreement.
|National University of Singapore
|Assistant Manager/senior Assistant Manager, Research Support, Cbme (2-year #seek
|Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree, Diploma, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree
|Type of Work
The Centre for Biomedical Ethics (CBmE) was established in September 2006 in the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine through a generous gift by the Chen Su Lan Trust. We work to develop understanding, capacity for good judgement, and sound ethical practice in the context of healthcare provision, biomedical science, and health-related policy development. CBmE is a thriving centre for learning, teaching and research relating to ethical and legal aspects of healthcare and biomedical sciences. We study issues of broad international significance with a particular interest in learning for and from Singapore and Asia and work collaboratively with academic colleagues across and beyond NUS, and with key stakeholders in the healthcare sector and biomedical science and policy communities.
CBmE is looking to fill a position for an Assistant Manager / Manager, Research Support. The primary role of the incumbent is to provide specialist advice and support for all aspects of the grant lifecycle, including effective administrative support to enable the academic staff to conduct their research in a conducive environment but, more importantly, to support the Director in steering the CBmE’s research work to achieve the School’s mission.
This position is for two years, with the possibility of renewal if performance is satisfactory. The incumbent will report to the Research Director, and work closely with CBmE’s Head of Administration.
- Identify and disseminate suitable grant schemes to Centre members
- Support principal investigators (PI) in research proposal preparation, particularly budgeting for resources, in line with NUS policies and procedures, and the individual grant criteria
- Identify and integrate all the sources of information required to cost, develop and internally assess a project (in discussions with the PIs), and coordinate accordingly with academic and administrative staff within the department, elsewhere in NUS, external collaborators and funders.
- Create and maintain a database of successful applications to share with future applicants, and collate and analyse reviewer and panel comments to provide tailored guidance on common issues arising in the Centre’s applications
- Develop and implement a good reporting system to improve management reporting for research, and draft reports as needed, including analysing success rates and trends
- Draft and update standard operating procedures to enable the smooth conduct of our research activities and the efficient management of the Centre’s grants.
- Facilitate excellent communication across the research projects and department staff, including engagement with internal and external stakeholders e.g. other NUS departments, other academic institutions, public health partner organisations, technology transfer offices and funding bodies.
- Provide and/ or organise training sessions on grant applications and management, including available funding schemes, administrative and content/ presentation of applications
Post-Grant work and project management
- Responsible for the operational management of all the Centre’s research projects.
- Identify issues needing care after the grant is awarded and work with colleagues to ensure that they will be addressed. These may be financial arrangements or wider issues such as research contracts, recruitment, project management or periodic review
- Manage the award set up process for the department and assist with post-award management matters (e.g. account creation, budget support etc.).
- Support the initial set up and administrative work of the projects (e.g., procurement, payment, billing, hiring staff, students and casual workers, academic visitors appointment) to ensure the deliverables are on track to be met on time.
- For Department-level research initiatives and programmes: track and monitor deliverables and reporting deadlines (e.g. financial, administrative etc.), and initiate paperwork for reporting and facilitate submission of PI’s completed report.
- For Department-level research initiatives and programmes: Manage the process of grant/project maintenance issues, i.e. extensions and amendments.
- Review of project accounts to check claims compliance with grant terms & conditions.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate documentation and records of all grant activities for all pre- and post- award research activity in the department
- Work closely with research team staff to ensure best practice in data management and compliance with all relevant university policies
- Preferably a higher degree or a degree in ethics related subject, with at least 3 years of working experience in the administration of research grants.
- Be a source of specialist advice and able to provide accurate and succinct recommendations
- Understanding of the importance of tact and discretion in dealing with potentially sensitive matters.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Highly adaptable and thrives in a fast-moving and constantly evolving environment
- A team player who collaborates well with others and who responds to colleagues and stakeholders with the intention to provide an excellent service.
- A superb problem-solver with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- An excellent communicator (written, verbal and presentation skills) who is sensitive to the needs of stakeholders and can engage with all organizational levels.
- Able to deliver high-quality work in tight timelines, with excellent follow-up and follow-through, including applying learning and experience for continuous improvement.
- Self-motivated and takes the initiative but knows the limits of own authority.
- Able to work successfully and thrive professionally in an in-office or hybrid working environment (office and at home).
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
A leading global university centred in Asia, the National University of Singapore (NUS) offers a global approach to education and research, with a focus on Asian perspectives and expertise. It is driven by its mission to transform the way people think and do things through education, research and service. The NUS community is distinctively global with talented students and faculty from more than 100 countries. We invite dynamic and motivated individuals to be part of this vibrant hub which is dedicated to delivering quality education and undertaking research for the betterment of society.
- Industry: Education
- Registration No.: 200604346E
- Company Size: More than 5000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 22 days
- Benefits & Others: Education support, Medical, Sports (e.g. Gym), Parking, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Formal (e.g. Shirts + Ties), Flexi-benefits
- Specific Location: Singapore
This Job Vacancies Grouping Tag:
- Assistant Manager/senior Assistant Manager, Research Support, Cbme (2-year #seek position job vacancies
- Contract job vacancies in Singapore 2023
- job vacancies for Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma
- job vacancies for Bachelor's Degree
- job vacancies for Diploma
- job vacancies for Post Graduate Diploma
- job vacancies for Professional Degree
- job vacancies in the city of Singapore 2023