Singapore Jobs Associate Professor (epidemiology) Position at National University of Singapore
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
We are hiring! To candidates with Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree & Master's Degree which prioritizing honesty and discipline and experienced in the field of Education/Training & Education, we National University of Singapore, are looking for candidates who are interested to join us and fill the position as associate professor (epidemiology) and dedicated to work in full time which domiciled in Singapore and surrounding areas.
We offer a competitive monthly base salary from SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700.
Due to prioritize professionalism in the work environment, the salary can be adjusted upon compromise with our company's HRD according to the capabilities of the candidate.
|National University of Singapore
|Associate Professor (epidemiology)
|Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree
|Type of Work
The National University of Singapore – which is the top ranked university in Asia – is recruiting full-time Associate Professors for the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health (SSHSPH). All positions are tenure-track appointment (i.e. appointees are given fixed contracts for up to 7 years, with the goal of obtaining tenured appointments at the end of this period). In additional to an attractive salary and benefits package, new faculty members are eligible for a start-up grant to initiate their independent stream of research and subsidised university accommodation, subject to prevailing terms and conditions.
Researchers in the following areas are particularly encouraged to apply:
- Epidemiological research with a focus on molecular epidemiology, nutritional epidemiology, social epidemiology or behavioral epidemiology.
- Epidemiological research on obesity, type 2 diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases.
- Epidemiological research on cancer and non-communicable diseases.
Required qualifications are:
- An earned doctoral degree in a relevant discipline a strong track record of publications in international peer-reviewed journals
- Ability to contribute to courses relevant to epidemiology and public health
- Research responsibilities include developing and establishing collaborative research proposals with NUS faculty for extramural funding. SSHSPH has several large-scale cohort studies including the Singapore Chinese Health Study and the Multi Ethnic Cohort Study.
- Applicants are expected to contribute to the development and use of these cohort studies and/or to conduct translational epidemiological research that informs the development of public health interventions.
Teaching responsibilities include the development and teaching of courses in epidemiology and other areas of public health and the supervision of graduate students.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
In accordance with Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
To apply, please submit a cover letter specifying your research and/or teaching interests and experience, your curriculum vitae, names and contact details of 3 references.
For more information on NUS please visit: ww.nus.edu.sg. For more information about the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health please visit ww.sph.nus.edu.sg.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
A leading global university centred in Asia, the National University of Singapore (NUS) offers a global approach to education and research, with a focus on Asian perspectives and expertise. It is driven by its mission to transform the way people think and do things through education, research and service. The NUS community is distinctively global with talented students and faculty from more than 100 countries. We invite dynamic and motivated individuals to be part of this vibrant hub which is dedicated to delivering quality education and undertaking research for the betterment of society.
- Industry: Education
- Registration No.: 200604346E
- Company Size: More than 5000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 22 days
- Benefits & Others: Education support, Medical, Sports (e.g. Gym), Parking, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Formal (e.g. Shirts + Ties), Flexi-benefits
- Specific Location: Singapore