Singapore Jobs Cmo, Genetic Counselling – Contract Position at National University Hospital
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
We are open recruitment and happily inform you that we are looking for candidates to fill the position of CMO, Genetic Counselling - Contract in our company, National University Hospital. For candidates who reside in Singapore and its neighboring regions, we are looking for you to be a part of us and work in our company office, and able to labor under a full time system.
We have specific requirements for each of our employees as well as potential workers, because we are a professional and knowledgeable business in the field we work in. We are interested in hearing from you as soon as possible if you have expertise in the fields Services & Social Services and possess a Master's Degree or higher.
We offer you a fairly competitive salary that can be adjusted depending on the credibility you can contribute to our company. It typically ranges from SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700 and likely to change at any time. This salary negotiation must be agreed based on our company's HRD agreement.
|National University Hospital
|Cmo, Genetic Counselling - Contract
|Type of Work
The Genetic Counsellor will complement the work of doctors in the delivery of care to patients, who have a personal or family history of birth defects or genetic disorders, by providing information and support to these patients and their families. He/She will also be responsible for the management and coordination of assigned research projects carried out in the division.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties (80%)
- Conduct intake of information from patients, construct a complete pedigree by obtaining comprehensive individual family and medical histories
- Organize and present the pertinent medical and genetic information to the health care team by writing detailed consultation reports to provide information on complex genetic concepts
- Apply his/her knowledge of genetics and genetic disorders to effectively convey genetic, medical and technical information to the patient
- Evaluate genetic information to identify patients/families at risk for specific genetic disorders
- Assess family dynamics and identify emotional responses from the patient
- Help patients understand the medical aspects of the genetic condition, as well as the psychological and familial implications of genetics
- Counsel patients by providing them with information on options that are available such as genetic testing, disease management and prevention, and facilitate the patient’s decision-making in a non-directive manner
- Provide patients with resources for support and opportunities in research programs existing in the medical community
Secondary Responsibilities and Duties (20%)
- Support in the planning and coordinating of assigned research projects and activities
- Participate in professional organizations/conferences to keep abreast of developments in genetics and genomics
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned by RO or higher management
- Master’s Degree in Genetic Counselling or equivalent
- Be computer literate in Microsoft Word / Excel.
- Analytical and with good communication skills (written & spoken).
- Experience in counselling
- Has initiative and able to work independently.
- Positive, motivated and able to perform under pressure
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
The National University Hospital (NUH) is a member of the National University Health System (NUHS), a leading academic health system and one of three public healthcare clusters in Singapore.
As Singapore’s first restructured hospital, NUH has been serving more than a million patients annually since 1985. NUH is a tertiary hospital with a comprehensive suite of specialist care for adults, women and children, and a major referral centre with over 50 medical, surgical and dental specialties. It is the only public hospital in Singapore to offer a paediatric kidney and liver transplant programme, in addition to kidney, liver and pancreas transplantation for adults.
As part of an integrated academic health system, NUH is committed to transforming care, shaping the next generation of healthcare professionals and leveraging translational research to improve health outcomes. The hospital is also the principal teaching hospital for the NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine and the NUS Faculty of Dentistry.
For more information, please visitww.nuh.com.sg | ww.nuhs.edu.sg
Delivering‘Incredible care and health, together!’
Members of the NUHS:
National University Hospital
Ng Teng Fong General Hospital
Jurong Community Hospital
National University Polyclinics
National University Cancer Centre, Singapore
National University Heart Centre, Singapore
National University Centre for Oral Health, Singapore
NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
NUS Faculty of Dentistry
NUS Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health
- Industry: Healthcare / Medical
- Registration No.: 198500843R
- Company Size: More than 5000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 30 days
- Benefits & Others: Dental, Miscellaneous allowance, Medical, Sports (e.g. Gym), Depending on job position, Depending on job position