Singapore Jobs Data Engineer (stb) Position at Government Technology Agency of Singapore (GovTech)
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
As a competent company, we Government Technology Agency of Singapore (GovTech) are looking for candidates for the position of data engineer (stb) with full time work system. We are looking for candidates who uphold honesty and discipline at work, with minimum criteria Not Specified, experienced in Computer/Information Technology & IT-Network/Sys/DB Admin and domiciled in Singapore and surrounding areas.
Our company offers competitive salary that can be adjusted to how skilled the capability of interested candidates will be, with monthly base salary SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700 in accordance with the decisions of our company's HRD.
|Company||Government Technology Agency of Singapore (GovTech)|
|Position||Data Engineer (stb)|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Type of Work||Full-Time|
|Minimum Salary||SGD 2.000|
|Maximum Salary||SGD 5.700|
What the role is
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation – a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Data Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the integration of datasets across STB’s platforms to ensure that data from disparate sources are consolidated for use. You will also support the deployment of developed algorithms, machine learning and analytical models into current analytics system/production environment.
You will also be required to work closely with the existing team of data scientists, analysts and relevant line units to ensure the success of the data project(s) in delivering the project goals and managing internal and external stakeholders.
What you will be working on:
- Lead in the implementation of data project(s) on StanTI (StanTI is the platform where many of the source datasets required to build the end-to-end visitor profile are stored).
- Work closely with vendors and engage internal stakeholders to project manage and coordinate data ingestion and data processing pipelines across STB’s systems and platforms.
- Lead discussions with internal stakeholders to establish data requirements, evaluate technical feasibility and data availability required for STB’s project(s).
- Develop data integrations and data processing pipelines between different source systems to assemble large, complex datasets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements
What we are looking for:
- At least 2-3 years of Software Project Management experience successfully managing both internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Successfully delivered at least 2 medium to large scale software systems in either a Project Management role, Data Architect role or Data Integration role
- Ability to understand the different business domains and to make connections between the data and the business needs so that requirements are captured and implemented correctly.
- Experience in designing database schemas to support OLTP and OLAP systems.
- Experience with Cloud based platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure) and cloud data products such as Athena, Glue, S3, AWS Data Pipeline, BigQuery, Cloud Dataflow etc.
- Strong competency with SQL.
- Experience with object-oriented / object functional scripting languages: Python, R, Java, etc.
- Able to lead, drive and facilitate discussions with internal / external stakeholders to establish data requirements, evaluate technical feasibility and data availability required for STB’s project(s).
- Self-starter and able to work independently and within a project team to help meet the project goals and objectives.
- Good and strong communication skills and able to explain the issues, design tradeoffs between performance, maintenance and business requirements.
- Able to clearly articulate and justify the design decisions taken
- Good attention to details with regards to data workflow, data quality, data integrity and how the data will be stored and accessed.
- Strong analytics skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Experience in performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Intellectual curiosity to find new and unusual ways of how to solve data management issues.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
*Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours
What you will be working on
What we are looking for
|Address||10 Pasir Panjang Rd, #10-01 Government Technology Agency (GovTech), Mapletree Business City, Singapore 117438|
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an "outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
- Industry: Government / Defence
- Registration No.: T16GB0002G
- Company Size: 1001 - 2000 Employees