Singapore Jobs Design Engineer (workshop – Division Of Industrial Design) #worknow Position at National University of Singapore
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
Do you currently live in the Singapore and its surrounding areas and are looking for job vacancies? We are pleased to inform you that our company office, National University of Singapore is currently seeking candidates to then join and fill the position as Design Engineer (Workshop - Division of Industrial Design) #Worknow and able to work under full time working hours system.
We are a competent professional company, therefore we have specific criteria for the interested candidates. We give priority to candidates who are experienced in the field of Computer/Information Technology & IT-Software with a minimum Bachelor's Degree. In addition, we also prioritize candidates who are professional at work, uphold honesty, discipline in responsibility, and are capable to complete their task as well as possible.
We are offering a salary of SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700 for this position for interested candidates. However, this salary range can be negotiated and changed if the candidate's credibility exceeds our expectations and for sure, the agreement is adjusted to the policies of our company's HRD. Your capability will be highly appreciated by our company.
|National University of Singapore
|Design Engineer (workshop - Division Of Industrial Design) #worknow
|Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree
|Type of Work
The design engineer’s primary purpose is to work with NUS researchers and staff to design and fabricate parts for research projects, using the equipment and expertise in the DID workshop. The design engineer will also assist in the facilitating of workshop-based teaching modules. As part of this primary function, the design engineer will need to investigate and explore fabrication processes to improve design research and teaching capabilities.
In addition, the design engineer will support workshop technicians in supervising student activities in the workshop, as well as support the operation and maintenance of workshop equipment. The design engineer will also assist in ensuring safe working practices for everyone who uses the workshop.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To facilitate the design and fabrication of parts for NUS research projects.
- To investigate and explore new and existing fabrication processes for design research and teaching.
- To assist in operating and maintaining the workshop’s machineries, tools, and equipment.
- In-charge of various advanced machinery and equipment such as 3D printing system, laser cutting machine, cnc milling machine etc by handling the fabrication request of students and DIC/DID project initiatives.
- To guide and support students in operating various machinery and equipment in the workshop.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in design/engineering or similar qualifications.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
|21 Lower Kent Ridge Rd, National University of Singapore, Singapore 119077
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
A leading global university centred in Asia, the National University of Singapore (NUS) offers a global approach to education and research, with a focus on Asian perspectives and expertise. It is driven by its mission to transform the way people think and do things through education, research and service. The NUS community is distinctively global with talented students and faculty from more than 100 countries. We invite dynamic and motivated individuals to be part of this vibrant hub which is dedicated to delivering quality education and undertaking research for the betterment of society.
- Industry: Education
- Registration No.: 200604346E
- Company Size: More than 5000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 22 days
- Benefits & Others: Education support, Medical, Sports (e.g. Gym), Parking, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Formal (e.g. Shirts + Ties), Flexi-benefits
- Specific Location: Singapore
This Job Vacancies Grouping Tag:
- Design Engineer (workshop - Division Of Industrial Design) #worknow position job vacancies
- Full-Time job vacancies in Singapore 2023
- job vacancies for Bachelor's Degree
- job vacancies for Master's Degree
- job vacancies for Post Graduate Diploma
- job vacancies for Professional Degree
- job vacancies in the city of Singapore 2023