Singapore Jobs Instructor (nus Cities) #seek Position at National University of Singapore
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
Our company, National University of Singapore is currently opening occasion for those of you who are interested in becoming a part of our company specifically Singapore and its surrounding areas. For those of you who are interested to be a part of our company with the position of Instructor (NUS Cities) #Seek and able to work in the WFO (Work From Office) system with full time working hours.
We will openly welcome you if you meet these following criteria:
- Qualification: Master's Degree
- Experienced in Education/Training & Training & Dev.
- Honest, disciplined, and responsible
- Uphold professionalism in the work environment
We offer you a fairly competitive base salary of SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700 in average and can be adjusted according to the capabilities that you offer for our company and have been negotiated under HRD agreement.
|National University of Singapore
|Instructor (nus Cities) #seek
|Type of Work
Most of the world now live in cities. Liveable, sustainable and resilient cities are needed to face the looming challenges of climate change, the next pandemics, ageing populations and technological, social and economic disruptions such as what we are currently experiencing.
NUS Cities is an open, collaborative and inclusive platform comprising education, research and advisory services that will draw on the varied talent and expertise of the university in its colleges, faculties and departments and centre of excellence. It aims to educate the next generation of students as well as current practitioners to take an urban systems approach to plan, govern, build and manage cities, using a strong case-based approach taught by both practitioners and academics. Its research will be inter-disciplinary, taking a system approach to tackle some of our biggest urban challenges, and in the process, gradually developing a Science of Cities. It will also provide strategic advisory services to organisations and cities. NUS Cities will also partner other universities and research institutions locally and internationally, as well as with industry partners worldwide.
We are building up our pipeline of talent and are looking for highly motivated individuals who have a curiosity and passion to learn, teach and research about cities in our various programmes. We promise an exciting journey with us as we build and grow NUS Cities.
The successful candidate for this Instructor position will be part of the NUS Cities teaching team which teaches undergraduate core and minor modules. The full-time appointment is for a contract period of 2 or 3 years with the possibility of extension.
- Work with the academic leads of NUS Cities to develop effective face-to-face and online teaching and learning initiatives.
- Development of bite size videos in the domain of Science of Cities to facilitate e-learning delivery to learner.
- Supervision of learners across various levels (undergraduates, postgraduates, adult learners, etc.).
- Facilitate lectures / studio sessions and create an engaging and enriching environment for learning.
- Provide learner consultation.
- A recognised Master’s or Doctoral degree focuses on Cities-related studies/research.
- Candidates must have excellent verbal, reading, and written skills and the ability to explain difficult concepts across clearly.
- Be able to work well independently and with a multi-disciplinary team with diverse interests.
- Possess good knowledge and strong interest in urban sciences / cities-related disciplines.
- Driven to improve pedagogical methods.
- Strong ability to engage and facilitate discussions with undergraduate students.
- Prior teaching experience will be an advantage.
- Prior teaching experience with good student feedback will put candidates in a strong standing.
- Familiar with innovative education tools is an advantage.
- Applicants must provide CV, three recommendation letters and evidence of effective teaching.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
A leading global university centred in Asia, the National University of Singapore (NUS) offers a global approach to education and research, with a focus on Asian perspectives and expertise. It is driven by its mission to transform the way people think and do things through education, research and service. The NUS community is distinctively global with talented students and faculty from more than 100 countries. We invite dynamic and motivated individuals to be part of this vibrant hub which is dedicated to delivering quality education and undertaking research for the betterment of society.
- Industry: Education
- Registration No.: 200604346E
- Company Size: More than 5000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 22 days
- Benefits & Others: Education support, Medical, Sports (e.g. Gym), Parking, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Formal (e.g. Shirts + Ties), Flexi-benefits
- Specific Location: Singapore