Singapore Jobs Legal Counsel/senior Legal Counsel (investment Matters) Position at National University of Singapore
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
Candidates who are domiciled in Singapore and its surroundings and meet these following minimum criteria:
- Qualification: Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma & Professional Degree
- Experienced in Education/Training & Education
- Behave in a disciplined, honest, responsible, and professional manner in the work environment.
The initial salary that we can offer is quite competitive with a range of SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700. If the credibility and experience that the candidate has exceeds the minimum criteria we need, the salary can change and adjusted according to the decisions of our company's HRD agreement.
|National University of Singapore
|Legal Counsel/senior Legal Counsel (investment Matters)
|Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree
|Type of Work
Office of Legal Affairs
We are seeking qualified candidates to provide legal support to the investment and operations teams at NUS’ Investment Office. The Investment Office manages the investment of the University’s endowment and related funds. This position will report to the Chief Legal Officer & General Counsel, with a dotted/matrix reporting to the Chief Investment Officer; day-to-day direction on investment matters is provided by the Chief Investment Officer. The role will appeal to qualified lawyers of 5-10 years PQE, who can work steadily and are able to manage both legal and non-legal issues.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Role
• Reviewing and drafting agreements and other documents relating to domestic and foreign private investment funds, managed accounts, and co-investment vehicles
• Monitoring and advising on domestic and foreign legal, regulatory, and compliance matters relating to investment matters
• Supporting operational due diligence
• Reviewing and implementing systems, policies and procedures to streamline processes and manage risks in the investment process
• Supporting the investment responsibility function at the Investment Office.
• Working with outside counsel, investment professionals, and members of the investment operations team to address other legal, regulatory, and business issues
• Reviewing and drafting other commercial agreements, including non-disclosure agreements, vendor contracts, consulting agreements, and engagement letters.
• Providing legal advice on other non-investment issues as required, including contentious and non-contentious corporate/commercial matters
• Advising on legal compliance, governance and policy issues
• Legal research
• Conducting or arranging in-house legal training and education
What NUS has to Offer
• Competitive package and excellent employee benefits
• Opportunities to learn new skills
• Motivating and collegiate work environment
Requirements for the Role
• Recognised law degree and professional qualifications (preferably called to the Singapore Bar)
• Minimum 5 years PQE in a law firm or as an in-house legal counsel
• Strong corporate and commercial or M&A experience with interest in or exposure to investment-related work; experience in investor-side review and negotiation of investment fund agreements, and familiarity with regulatory and compliance issues associated with investment-related activities would be advantageous
• Excellence in judgment, writing, analytical and communication skills
• Self-motivated individual, ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment with internal and external contacts at all levels
• Highest level of professionalism and integrity
• Strong interpersonal and time-management skills
• Ability to deal with legal and non-legal issues holistically and with a sound level of maturity
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Office of Legal Affairs
Department : Office of Legal Affairs
Employee Referral Eligible:
Job requisition ID : 19214
|21 Lower Kent Ridge Rd, National University of Singapore, Singapore 119077
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
A leading global university centred in Asia, the National University of Singapore (NUS) offers a global approach to education and research, with a focus on Asian perspectives and expertise. It is driven by its mission to transform the way people think and do things through education, research and service. The NUS community is distinctively global with talented students and faculty from more than 100 countries. We invite dynamic and motivated individuals to be part of this vibrant hub which is dedicated to delivering quality education and undertaking research for the betterment of society.
- Industry: Education
- Registration No.: 200604346E
- Company Size: More than 5000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 22 days
- Benefits & Others: Education support, Medical, Sports (e.g. Gym), Parking, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Formal (e.g. Shirts + Ties), Flexi-benefits
- Specific Location: Singapore