Central Region Jobs Manager, Strategic Benefits & Events Position at American Express International Inc. (MY)
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
We are hiring for the position of Manager, Strategic Benefits & Events with full time working hours for our company office, American Express International Inc. (MY), for residents of Central and its neighboring areas.
Candidates with expertise in Sales/Marketing & Marketing/Business Dev and at least a Not Specified or higher are highly needed. The candidates criteria we are looking for must be trustworthy and disciplined, because our business values a professional and competitive work environment.
Our company provides a competitive salary range of SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700, which can be adjusted at the discretion of HRD in our company. This range naturally varies depending on how proficient the candidate credibility can be offered.
We are pleased to announce that our company, American Express International Inc. (MY), is currently open recruitment for candidates who are interested in joining our office company as a Manager, Strategic Benefits & Events.
|Company||American Express International Inc. (MY)|
|Position||Manager, Strategic Benefits & Events|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Type of Work||Full-Time|
|Minimum Salary||SGD 2.000|
|Maximum Salary||SGD 5.700|
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let’s lead the way together.
As marketers at one of the most iconic brands in the world, we play a major role in building authentic relationships with customers who impact life and business around the world. Here, creativity and inspired storytelling combine with powerful data-based marketing and hyper-personalized digital communication to create a genuine human connection that drives business results. As a part of our diverse community of marketers, you can have a breadth of different marketing experiences and do virtually anything from connecting small businesses to new customers to uncovering insights that inspire the future of payments. Create a dynamic career while doing work that matters for people and businesses everywhere. Find your place in marketing on #TeamAmex.
How will you make an impact in this role?
As part of the American Express Consumer Business Team in Singapore, the Strategic Benefits and Events Manager will be an integral member of the product management team, providing critical support in developing and marketing world class consumer payment products.
Overall Role Objective
Develop world class benefits through strategic partnerships to achieve assigned business goals, with particular focuses on products for the premium segment of the consumer cards portfolio in Singapore.
- Partnership and strategic benefit development
- Establish and prioritize potential partnerships based on projected joint financial and strategic value
- Manage a prospect pipeline that has the ability to provide new customer acquisition opportunities and existing customer engagements
- Thoroughly understand potential partner’s business needs and identify opportunities for American Express to add value.
- Lead deal negotiations from end to end and manage these on an ongoing basis. Use financial acumen and market knowledge to create a strong Value Proposition for the partner, be able to articulate the Value Proposition clearly to the partner and demonstrate common grounds for success.
- Stay abreast of market trends and identify event opportunities that generates interest and excitement.
- Plan, design and produce events while overseeing project delivery elements within timelines.
- Oversee external sponsorship opportunities and requests, events organization and management – includes liaising with agencies, vendors, external partners, merchants venue, planning, on-site support and overseeing full event logistics (e.g. décor, guestlist, transport, venue, promotional material etc.) to ensure seamless execution of event.
- Meticulous tracking of key metrics with regular reporting to determine financial and strategic effectiveness of partner program and address risks and variances.
To be successful, the incumbent should be a highly motivated individual with innovative and creative thinking, backed up by strong analytical skills to provide solutions that add value to the partners and grow the business for American Express. The individual will use these skills in a dynamic marketing environment to identify and scope ideas and implement in the most effective and creative ways:
- Self-motivated and driven. Strong sense of personal accountability
- Strong negotiation abilities. A track record of not only finding new partners but developing the partnerships for the long-term
- Experience in managing external partner relationships and handle contract negotiations
- Assertive and proactive personality, with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong data analytic skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills and leadership skills necessary to work effectively with team members, executive management, customers, and partners.
- Active listening skills. Intellectual curiosity required. Enjoys networking and talking to partners.
- Understanding of the charge/credit card business and/or the bank unsecured lending business will be an asset.
- Resourceful problem-solving skills – approaches problems with a rational, solution oriented mindset and the ability to exercise logic and good judgment to provide the appropriate outcome.
- Ability to resourcefully and calmly handle any issues and troubleshoot any unexpected situations on the event days.
- Adaptable, resourceful and can shift priorities quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Versatile as a team player and individual contributor, independent and has strong work ethics and integrity.
- Individual should also have a respect for deadlines without compensating on quality of work.
- Excellent communication skills – write well, speak eloquently, and are comfortable presenting to senior leadership.
- Meticulous attention to details and believe that anything worth doing, is worth doing right – every single time.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
|Address||1 Marina Blvd, #22-00 American Express, Singapore 018989|
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly striving to uphold our powerful backing promise to our customers and each other every day.
These beliefs have been our North Star for 170 years as our business transformed – from helping evacuate travellers during World Wars, to ensuring the safety of our customers’ funds during the Great Depression in the U.S., to creating the Shop Small® movement to help small businesses recover from the Financial Crisis, to providing aid to communities impacted by many natural disasters and so much more.
For generations, the key to our success has been the determination and resilience of our American Express colleagues. Now, as a globally integrated payments company, we work together to provide customers with access to products, insights and world-class experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Join us and let’s lead the way together.
- Industry: Banking / Financial Services
- Registration No.: Amex MY
- Company Size: 501 - 1000 Employees
- Benefits & Others: Dental, Education support, Miscellaneous allowance, Medical, Loans, Sports (e.g. Gym), Parking, Vision, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Flexible Benefits - Customize your own plans, Business Casual