Singapore Jobs Medical Technologist_pathology – #seek Position at National University Health System
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
We are hiring! To candidates with Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree & Master's Degree which prioritizing honesty and discipline and experienced in the field of Healthcare & Diagnosis/Others, we National University Health System, are looking for candidates who are interested to join us and fill the position as medical technologist_pathology - #seek and dedicated to work in full time which domiciled in Singapore and surrounding areas.
We offer a competitive monthly base salary from SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700.
Due to prioritize professionalism in the work environment, the salary can be adjusted upon compromise with our company's HRD according to the capabilities of the candidate.
|National University Health System
|Medical Technologist_pathology - #seek
|Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree
|Type of Work
Job ID: 476
Institution: National University Hospital
Perform routine histological tests in the Department of Pathology for use in the treatment and diagnosis of diseases.
Duties and Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities and Duties (80%)
- Perform reception of laboratory specimens, assign charge codes and rejection of those that are unacceptable according to rejection criteria.
- Assist pathologist during trimming and evaluation of specimens.
- Perform various technical functions including processing, embedding, microtomy, routine and complex staining, mounting and labeling of prepared slides and block check.
- Able to gross simple and uncomplicated specimens.
- Perform frozen cryo- sectioning.
- Capable of handling after office hour duty to support liver transplant and renal explant services.
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment and perform simple trouble shooting in the event of malfunction.
- Assist in the monitoring of the quality of staining and sectioning to ensure that it meets specified quality standards.
- Provide technical guidance to laboratory personnel and conduct training for new personnel in laboratory procedures.
- Prepare and maintain all necessary reagents and stains according to proper specifications.
- Promptly carry out instruction(s) of the senior staff with regards to work procedures and duties.
- Assist to conduct in- house continuing education classes.
- Comply with good laboratory practices on all procedures in accordance with the laboratory protocols and SOPs.
- Comply with all requirements of Laboratory Safety Manuals. Undergo training and development as and when necessary.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities (20%)
- Participate and contribute to project teams as required.
- Assist in the preparation of external and internal audits.
- Assist in the inventory management of all the reagents and chemicals.
- Perform any other related duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Degree in Biological / Life Sciences/ Biomedical Science or equivalent preferred.
- Relevant experience in a Histology laboratory preferred
- Have initiative and able to function effectively as a member of a team.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of multi-tasking and effective time management.
- Above average dexterity with good general health and no color blindness
- Demonstrate proficiency in applicable computer system and software
|5 Lower Kent Ridge Rd, National University Hospital (NUH) - Singapore, Singapore 119074
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
The National University Health System (NUHS) plays a key, contributing role in Singapore’s healthcare. Our versatile and experienced team of healthcare professionals has only one aim - to help people get better, and live healthier and longer lives.
We do this by improving medical care, lowering disease recurrence, producing better healthcare professionals, and turning research findings into better medical treatments for diseases that affect Singaporeans. And the reason we’re able to do these things is because we have the best and most dedicated people. Come join us and help shape medicine for our future.
- Industry: Healthcare / Medical
- Registration No.: 200910555Z
- Company Size: 2001 - 5000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 30 days