Central Region Jobs Operations Officer/ Supervisor Position at SINGAPORE SHIPPING CORPORATION LIMITED
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
Hi, there! Are you that lucky person we are looking for which will join our company? We will be delighted to have you!
We are hiring for candidates in the residents of Central and the surrounding regions, we are open recruitment for the positions as Operations Officer/ Supervisor in our business office, SINGAPORE SHIPPING CORPORATION LIMITED.
This is a decent opportunity for you who are willing to work under full time working hours.
Candidates with a Higher Secondary/Pre-U/'A' Level, Professional Certificate/NiTEC, Diploma & Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma or even higher and greatly experienced in Services & Customer Service are especially required. Because our company values a competitive and professional work atmosphere, the candidates we seek must be dependable, honest, disciplined, and diligent.
We can offer you a salary that is generally between SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700, which is competitive and reasonable. But no need to be worry! If you are beyond our expectations and dedicated to bringing our company to be much better with the credibility that you can offer, the salary range is negotiable and also can be changed according to our company HRD agreement.
|Company||SINGAPORE SHIPPING CORPORATION LIMITED|
|Position||Operations Officer/ Supervisor|
|Career Level||Junior Executive|
|Work Experience||2 years|
|Qualification||Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Diploma, Higher Secondary/Pre-U/'A' Level, Professional Certificate/NiTEC|
|Type of Work||Full-Time|
|Minimum Salary||SGD 2.000|
|Maximum Salary||SGD 5.700|
Based at the Pasir Panjang PSA Terminal, the Operations Officer will be responsible for supervising and ensuring vessels and shore cargo operations at the Pasir Panjang Port/Jurong Port are carried out smoothly and safely at the quickest possible turn-around time. Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide admin and operational support
- Assist to co-ordinate and control shipboard operational matters
- Liaise and co-ordinate with PSA Port Control on yard space allocation for cargo loading and/or discharging
- Liaise and co-ordinate with Masters, Principals, Contractors, Shippers and Consignees for smooth vessel operations as well as quick vessels turn-around and dispatch
- Take delivery of cargo from shippers and consignees
- Plan for safe route to be taken at the Port and assign duties for the cargo operations
- Carry out job briefings prior to start of every cargo operations
- Supervise loading and/or discharging of cargo operations
- Monitor and ensure correct operating methods are used in loading and/or discharging cargo
- Inspect and supervise cargo stowage and/or discharge inside the hatch
- Ensure cargo are stored at allocated space in the Port
- Physically involved with the stevedores in the loading and discharging of cargo to/from vessels
- Oversee the labeling of cargo discharged by the vessels
- Oversee the tagging and accounting for all keys to motor vehicles discharged by the vessels
- Oversee the inspection and tallying of motor vehicles discharged by the car carrier vessels
- Segregate transshipment and local cargo at storage space
- Verify and check for accuracy of shipping documentation presented and ensure no cargo are short-shipped or short-landed
- Prepare shift operations report and input into computer system before ending duty
- Handle routine office correspondences
- Organize and maintain files and records
- Manage the stevedore team to ensure compliance to SOP set by the Principals and Carriers
- Perform any other duties as requested
- GCE “N” Level qualifications or above
- At least 2 years experience in cargo operations
- Computer literate and familiar with MS Office application software
- Able to lift heavy stuff and stand for prolonged hours
- Able to work long and irregular hours including late night, weekends and public holiday
Interested Applicants may apply through Jobstreet.
|Address||200 Cantonment Rd, Singapore Shipping Corporation Limited, Southpoint, Singapura 089763|
- Medical Insurance is Covered
- Start ASAP
- Outpatient Treatment Benefits Available
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
Singapore Shipping Corporation is a well-established shipping group in Asia and listed on the main board of SGX with core businesses in Ship Owning, Ship Management, Shipping Agency and Terminal Operations as well as Logistics Services.
Our Agency and Terminal Operations Division represents several major carriers and provides a one-stop complete range of quality, value-added services that include vessel’s husbandry, stevedoring and cargo management.
To apply online, please use the 'apply now' function. Alternatively, you may send your resume to [email protected]
- Industry: Transportation / Logistics
- Registration No.: 198801332G
- Company Size: 51 - 200 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 8 days
- Benefits & Others: Dental, Education support, Medical, Business (e.g. Shirts), Office Staff: Regular Hours- Mondays, Terminal Operations Staff: Shift Work