Singapore Jobs Principal Market Risk | 12 Months Fixed Term Position at BHP Billiton Marketing Asia Pte Ltd
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
As a competent company, we BHP Billiton Marketing Asia Pte Ltd are looking for candidates for the position of principal market risk | 12 months fixed term with work system. We are looking for candidates who uphold honesty and discipline at work, with minimum criteria Not Specified, experienced in Accounting/Finance & Banking/Financial and domiciled in Singapore and surrounding areas.
Our company offers competitive salary that can be adjusted to how skilled the capability of interested candidates will be, with monthly base salary SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700 in accordance with the decisions of our company's HRD.
|Company||BHP Billiton Marketing Asia Pte Ltd|
|Position||Principal Market Risk | 12 Months Fixed Term|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Type of Work|
|Minimum Salary||SGD 2.000|
|Maximum Salary||SGD 5.700|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager, Market Risk as part of BHP’s Commercial function, you will shape the governance and performance of market and price risk activities across BHP’s global commodity portfolio.
This role offers you the opportunity to bring your quantitative and leadership skillset to one of the world’s largest diversified portfolios – managing the impacts of fast-changing and dynamic commodity markets.
Be part of bringing people and resources together to build a better world.
- Research, recommend, build and validate quantitative models to capture market and credit risk
- Conduct independent market risk analysis of trading positions and strategies.
- Conduct regular reviews of limits, policies and procedures, assess proposed changes and recommend changes where appropriate.
- Participate in risk and other business project requirements; provide SME advice on the management of risk, market conventions or other issues.
- Participate in the assessment and analysis of systems related issues, including risk systems and other business systems that impact risk
- Independently review the appropriateness and accuracy of commodity forward curves.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders (Book Teams, Strategy and Planning, MAE, Finance Business Partners, Technology, Procurement and others as appropriate)
- Be the key driver for various high visibility projects.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to understand, identify and evaluate risk positions.
- Understanding of basic financial concepts
- Numerate and strong in applying quantitative techniques in analyzing risk positions.
- Ability to handle uncertainty, ideate, plan and execute.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in translating complex topics to wide audiences.
- Has excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills at the senior level.
- Passionate about continuous improvements
- Proactive in taking ownership of issues and following them to conclusion.
- Experience in a market risk position is a must; preferably in a physical commodity trading environment
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
|Address||10 Marina Blvd, BHP Marketing, Singapore 018983|
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
The world is changing, and at BHP we are excited about the opportunity we have to play our part in this change.BHP is a world-leading resources company.Our corporate purpose is to bring people and resources together to build a better world. We do this through our strategy: to have the bestcapabilities, best commoditiesand best assets, to create long-term value and high returns. We are among the world’s top producers of major commodities, including iron ore, metallurgical coal and copper. We also have substantial interests in oil, gas and energy coal.
With more than 80,00 employees and contractors, working across 90 locations worldwide, our people sit at the very heart of everything we do. At BHP, we are focused on creating a safe workplace where our people feel connected to our values and objectives and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
True to our purpose, we are committed to providing a safe, inclusive and diverse workplace; this commitment is embedded in Our Charter because we know it’s critical to our success.
We're changing things up by asking everyone what their ‘flex’ looks like so we can create new definitions of flexibility where traditionally there has been none. We’ve found this to be the single biggest driver in helping us to promote greater workforce diversity – and that’s why it continues to be a key focus for BHP.
In addition to having the right assets in the right commodities, we also create value in the way we operate our assets.Our Operating Model allows us to leverage integrated systems and technology, replicate expertise and apply high standardsof governance and transparency.
We love new opinions and innovative ideas. It's the unique experiences and perspectives of our teams that will lead us into the future we're trying to create.
- Industry: Mining
- Registration No.: 200104072W
- Company Size: More than 5000 Employees
- Benefits & Others: Dental, Medical, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Business (e.g. Shirts)