Singapore Jobs Research Assistant – Flow Cytometry Core (cancer Science Institute, Nus)#urgent Position at National University of Singapore
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
Our company, National University of Singapore is currently opening occasion for those of you who are interested in becoming a part of our company specifically Singapore and its surrounding areas. For those of you who are interested to be a part of our company with the position of Research Assistant - Flow cytometry core (Cancer Science Institute, NUS)#URGENT and able to work in the WFO (Work From Office) system with full time working hours.
We will openly welcome you if you meet these following criteria:
- Qualification: Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree & Master's Degree
- Experienced in Education/Training & Education
- Honest, disciplined, and responsible
- Uphold professionalism in the work environment
We offer you a fairly competitive base salary of SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700 in average and can be adjusted according to the capabilities that you offer for our company and have been negotiated under HRD agreement.
|National University of Singapore
|Research Assistant - Flow Cytometry Core (cancer Science Institute, Nus)#urgent
|Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree, Diploma, Master's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree
|Type of Work
Laboratory Executive/Research Assistant – Fluorescence Activated Cell Sorting (FACS) core
A fulltime Laboratory Executive or Research Assistant position in the Fluorescence Activated Cell Sorting (FACS) Facility is available immediately. The successful candidate will aid the institute in providing flow cytometry service for users. The candidate can also choose to work on either research or administrative tasks under the supervision of A/Prof. Takaomi Sanda.
1. Fluorescence Activated Cell Sorting (FACS) Facility
• To be in charge for the daily operation and maintenance of flow cytometry machines (analyzer and sorters).
• To provide flow sorting service for users.
• To provide technical advices for users.
• To ensure that the facility is adequately stocked with buffers, clean glassware, minor equipment, chemicals, etc. required for smooth operation of the facility.
• To ensure that standard operating procedures and safety regulations are followed.
• To record the utilization of flow cytometry machines and report to the institute.
2. Research or Administrative Tasks
* The candidate can select either research track (appointed as a Research Assistant) or administrative tack (appointed as a Laboratory Executive).
- Research tasks
• To maintain animal (mouse and/or zebrafish) colonies, including breeding and genotyping procedures.
• To monitor phenotypes (e,g, tumor development, hematopoietic phenotypes).
• To isolate tissues (e.g., bone marrow, thymus, spleen) from the animals.
• To harvest cells, protein, RNA or DNA from animal tissues, cell lines or bacteria.
• To perform experiments including PCR, immunoprecipitation and Western blot.
b) Administrative tasks
• To liaise with the central operation team, committees and the administrative office to assist the lab.
• To maintain a systematic and proper record of documents (e.g., budget spending).
• To maintain the CSI virus rooms.
• To be responsible for purchasing necessary chemicals, reagents and equipment as required by the lab or project.
• To liaise with the vendors to ensure proper purchase requisitions, goods delivery and prompt payment of supplies.
Applications should include full curriculum vitae and indicate the names of at least 2 referees
• University degree (biology, biomedical science, biotechnology or related area).
• Ability to speak and write well in English.
• Prior experience operating flow cytometry is required.
• Prior experience working with animal model (mouse and/or zebrafish) is preferable.
• Knowledge of: 1) basic principles and practices in the fields of biology, 2) principles, techniques and terminology used in biology.
• Appropriate computer operations, software and peripherals, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
A leading global university centred in Asia, the National University of Singapore (NUS) offers a global approach to education and research, with a focus on Asian perspectives and expertise. It is driven by its mission to transform the way people think and do things through education, research and service. The NUS community is distinctively global with talented students and faculty from more than 100 countries. We invite dynamic and motivated individuals to be part of this vibrant hub which is dedicated to delivering quality education and undertaking research for the betterment of society.
- Industry: Education
- Registration No.: 200604346E
- Company Size: More than 5000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 22 days
- Benefits & Others: Education support, Medical, Sports (e.g. Gym), Parking, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Formal (e.g. Shirts + Ties), Flexi-benefits
- Specific Location: Singapore
This Job Vacancies Grouping Tag:
- Full-Time job vacancies in Singapore 2023
- job vacancies for Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma
- job vacancies for Bachelor's Degree
- job vacancies for Diploma
- job vacancies for Master's Degree
- job vacancies for Post Graduate Diploma
- job vacancies for Professional Degree
- job vacancies in the city of Singapore 2023
- Research Assistant - Flow Cytometry Core (cancer Science Institute, Nus)#urgent position job vacancies