Singapore Jobs Research Engineer (pvm/bipv) Position at National University of Singapore
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
We are hiring! Our company is merrily looking for a candidate to fill the position of Research Engineer (PVM/BIPV). For those of you who live in Singapore and its surrounding areas, we need you to then join our company office, National University of Singapore, and able to under a contract working hours.
As a professional business with expertise in the field we serve, we have specific standards for each candidates interested to join our company. If you have experience in the field of Education/Training & Education with at least Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma & Professional Degree, professional, honest, and disciplined, we will enthusiastically hearing from you to join our company.
We offer you the salary rates ranging from SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700. The provision pertaining to the average starting initial salary we offer may change if you meet or even beyond the minimum requirement we are looking for in accordance with our company HRD agreement.
|National University of Singapore
|Research Engineer (pvm/bipv)
|Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree
|Type of Work
This role is for a research engineer /associate / fellow interested in the development of new modules and methods to enable high levels of PV integration into our urban architecture. The project involves understanding the cross disciplinary requirements imposed on urban integrated PV such as building and fire codes, visual aesthetics, end user handling and installation, to develop new PV modules and engineering solutions. New fire-resistant, lightweight materials for PV modules aimed at building retrofits will also be investigated. Newly developed technologies will undergo a thorough investigation into the module reliability and performance characterization. The project is also aimed at developing unique IP (intellectual property) and licensing / commercializing the technology to industrial partners.
Extended Job Scope:
• Participate and contribute to technology / equipment roadmap discussions and IP strategy
• Contribute to the design and development of new tools and methods
• Liaise and work closely with internal teams within the institute as well as external staff (e.g. industry partners, vendors, etc).
• Characterize and develop Building Information Modelling files of the prototype BIPV solution
• DegreeMastersPhD in Physics, ElectricalMechanical Engineering, Architecture or relevant topics
• Prior experience PV module development will be an advantage
• Knowledge in power electronics, circuits and power systems will be an advantage
• Knowledge of building design, building codes and fire codes will be a plus.
• Must be target/KPI-driven and well organized
• Good skills in data analysis. Programming experience is a plus (e.g. Python, R, SQL, etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication (in English) skills required.
• Good team player, participate actively to group discussions and show initiative.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Solar Energy Research Inst of S’pore
Department : Research Cluster
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19012
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
A leading global university centred in Asia, the National University of Singapore (NUS) offers a global approach to education and research, with a focus on Asian perspectives and expertise. It is driven by its mission to transform the way people think and do things through education, research and service. The NUS community is distinctively global with talented students and faculty from more than 100 countries. We invite dynamic and motivated individuals to be part of this vibrant hub which is dedicated to delivering quality education and undertaking research for the betterment of society.
- Industry: Education
- Registration No.: 200604346E
- Company Size: More than 5000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 22 days
- Benefits & Others: Education support, Medical, Sports (e.g. Gym), Parking, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Formal (e.g. Shirts + Ties), Flexi-benefits
- Specific Location: Singapore