Singapore Jobs Research Fellow (co2 Conversion/halide Perovskites) – #jobsthatmatter Position at National University of Singapore
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
Are you looking for job vacancies? Our company, National University of Singapore is merrily inform you that we are hiring!
We need you to fill the position as Research Fellow (CO2 Conversion/Halide Perovskites) - #JobsThatMatter for our office.
This position requires a full time working hours system which domiciled in Singapore and its surroundings.
As a competitive company, we need these minimum criteria for candidates to be fulfilled. If you are a Doctorate (PhD) and experienced in the field of Sciences & Science & Technology, a person who honesty and discipline, then you are highly awaited in our company.
The starting salary we can offer is in a range from SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700, this salary range that we offer is negotiable can change at any time according to our HRD's decision depending on the capability of the candidate can offered for our company.
|National University of Singapore
|Research Fellow (co2 Conversion/halide Perovskites) - #jobsthatmatter
|Type of Work
This position is for postdoctoral research in the exciting areas of either CO2 capture, CO2 conversion, and halide perovskite materials in the Andrew B Wong Group, which is affiliated with the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS) as well as with the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS).
The ideal candidate would possess expert-level knowledge of electrocatalysis, halide perovskites, or similar chemistries with a publication track record as a first author in leading journals (Impact factor >10 or more). Experience with materials characterization techniques such as SEM, EDS, EELS TEM, STEM, XRD, XAS, XPS, FTIR, AFM, STM, and/or Raman would be desirable.
Those applicants who meet the requirements and pass the preliminary review will be notified via email to arrange an interview. Recruitment advertisements are in effect until the positions are filled.
- PhD degree in a related discipline (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics, or a related field).
- A strong understanding and extensive experience in electrochemistry/electrocatalysis or halide perovskites is strongly preferred.
Applicants should have excellent research skills, experiences, and traits, such as:
- Able to demonstrate a track record of novel research (First author papers in IF >10 journals)
- Able to understand, analyze, and critique literature
- Able to formulate and propose research directions
- Able to demonstrate a rigorous and earnest attitude towards research
- Able to work well in interdisciplinary or multicultural team settings
- Able to carry out scientific research independently
- Able to mentor undergraduate, master’s, and PhD students
- Able to manage routine logistics of research
Applicants with at least one of the following experiences are preferred:
- Rich experience in nanomaterial synthesis and characterization for catalysis (such as synthesis of new catalysts)
- Research background in electrocatalytic reactions (including but not limited to CO2RR, OER, HER, etc.) and/or with electrolytic cells ( such as flow cell, membrane electrode assembly, solid-state electrolyte, etc). Applicants with unique insights and research ideas on the development of carbon dioxide electrocatalysis and cell design are particularly desirable.
- Experience with in-situ or in operando characterization of electrocatalysts, including FTIR, Raman, or XAS characterization, etc.
- Research experience with halide perovskite materials, including design and synthesis of new materials, device fabrication (PV and/or LED), and characterization.
- Experience in high-temperature electrochemistry using molten salt electrolytes.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
|21 Lower Kent Ridge Rd, National University of Singapore, Singapore 119077
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
A leading global university centred in Asia, the National University of Singapore (NUS) offers a global approach to education and research, with a focus on Asian perspectives and expertise. It is driven by its mission to transform the way people think and do things through education, research and service. The NUS community is distinctively global with talented students and faculty from more than 100 countries. We invite dynamic and motivated individuals to be part of this vibrant hub which is dedicated to delivering quality education and undertaking research for the betterment of society.
- Industry: Education
- Registration No.: 200604346E
- Company Size: More than 5000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 22 days
- Benefits & Others: Education support, Medical, Sports (e.g. Gym), Parking, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Formal (e.g. Shirts + Ties), Flexi-benefits
- Specific Location: Singapore