Outram Jobs Research Officer (dmsmc) Position at National Cancer Centre Singapore Pte Ltd
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
National Cancer Centre Singapore Pte Ltd has open a job vacancy for the domicile of Outram and surrounding areas as research officer (dmsmc) with full time work system which will then be placed in our company office.
The candidates we need are those who have the minimum criteria of Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma & Professional Degree and experienced and have the integrity to work in the field of Sciences & Biomedical.
Our company highly values a professional and competitive work environment, therefore, candidates are required to uphold honesty and discipline in a work environtment.
As a professional company, we offer a competitive monthly base salary SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700 which can be adjusted by the decision of our HRD company and adjusts to the capabilities of the candidate offers for our company.
|Company||National Cancer Centre Singapore Pte Ltd|
|Position||Research Officer (dmsmc)|
|Career Level||Junior Executive|
|Work Experience||1 year|
|Qualification||Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree|
|Type of Work||Full-Time|
|Minimum Salary||SGD 2.000|
|Maximum Salary||SGD 5.700|
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented individual with a passion in cancer genomics, biology, and radiation research to join the Tan Chin Tuan Laboratory of Optical Imaging, Photodynamic, and Proton Therapy – Precision Radiation Oncology Programme (PROP). The scope of the projects conducted under the premise of PROP includes 1) early- and late-phase clinical trials; 2) cancer genomics and data science; and 3) translational cancer and radiation biology. For this role, you will be mainly working with the Principal Investigator (PI) and the research teams under Theme 2. The projects involve studying cancer genomics of two main cancers, nasopharyngeal and prostate cancer, and the mechanistic pathways involved or identification of novel biomarkers for radioresistance. Samples from consented patients will be used for next-generation sequencing and/or microarray to generate “big data” for further analysis by our data scientists. You will be involved in inter-departmental collaborations with oncologists, pathologists, scientists, and local and international collaborators.
You will participate in the following activities:
– Identify and study the mechanistic pathways involved in radioresistant cancers.
– Design and optimise new experiment protocols when necessary, e.g. functional validation of novel biomarkers.
– Lead and mentor junior staff in sample processing, experiments, data analysis, and database updates (Senior Research Officer).
– Actively engage internal clinical and data science teams as well as external collaborators to ensure alignment with overall research goals.
– Participate in research activities, lab meetings/presentations, manuscript preparations, and audits.
– Maintain inventory and purchase reagents, consumables, and equipment when required.
– B.Sc. degree in Biomedical/Life Sciences, or related fields.
– Preferably with experience in molecular biology.
– Previous experience in cryosectioning, paraffin sectioning, IHC staining, H&E staining, blood sample processing, western blot, and DNA/RNA extraction for next-generation sequencing will be a plus.
– Previous experience in handling small animals, eg. SC/IP/IV injections will be advantageous.
– Strong technical wet lab skills, able to troubleshoot, and meticulous in data analysis/experimental design.
– Leadership, strong initiative, and good communication skills are necessary.
– Good memory, strong organization, and must be able to work in a team.
– Analytical, self-confident, and mature personality.
– Responsible and passionate about oncology clinical research.
– Able to work both independently and with other team members under pressure and tight deadlines.
The shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interested candidates should send in your curriculum vitae with full contact information of three referees.
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
The National Cancer Centre Singapore (NCCS) has evolved over the past 20 years to become one of the leading regional centres for cancer treatment and research. It has pioneered the one-stop multi-disciplinary approach to cancer treatment and is now home to oncologists, surgeons and researchers, dedicated to the care and treatment of a growing number of cancer patients.
Today, NCCS see close to 65 per cent of the public sector oncology cases in Singapore. To deliverthe latest cancer care and treatment, clinicians work closely with researchers who conduct robust cutting-edge clinical and translational research which has received international recognition.NCCS strives to be a global leading cancer centre, and shares its expertise and knowledge by training the next generation of medical professionals.
- Industry: Healthcare / Medical
- Registration No.: 199801562Z
- Company Size: 1001 - 2000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 21 days
- Benefits & Others: Dental, Medical, Uniform and Non-Uniform, Others