Singapore Jobs Scientist 1 (consumables And Assay Development) | #seekbetter #urgent Position at Illumina Singapore Pte Ltd
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
Our company, Illumina Singapore Pte Ltd are currently hiring for interested candidates to join and to be a part of our company as scientist 1 (consumables and assay development) | #seekbetter #urgent with a full time work system, which domiciled in Singapore and surrounding areas. As a professiona company, the minimum criteria we need for candidates interested is Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree & Master's Degree which experienced in Computer/Information Technology & IT-Software.
Candidates who uphold honesty and discipline are a must for our company.
The competitive net salary we can offer is start from SGD 2.000 to a maximum of SGD 5.700, depending on the capability of the candidate and can be discussed with the HRD of our company.
|Illumina Singapore Pte Ltd
|Scientist 1 (consumables And Assay Development) | #seekbetter #urgent
|Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree
|Type of Work
What if the work you did every day could impact the lives of people you know? Or all of humanity?At Illumina, we are expanding access to genomic technology to realize health equity for billions of people around the world. Our efforts enable life-changing discoveries that are transforming human health through the early detection and diagnosis of diseases and new treatment options for patients.Working at Illumina means being part of something bigger than yourself. Every person, in every role, has the opportunity to make a difference. Surrounded by extraordinary people, inspiring leaders, and world changing projects, you will do more and become more than you ever thought possible.
Illumina develop the world’s leading microarray and next generation DNA sequencing (NGS) platforms which are revolutionizing industries such as healthcare, life sciences, forensics, agro-sciences and clinical research to name a few. Due to Illumina’s drastic growth, there is a growing need for scientists who can apply innovative ideas to the development of our current reagents and formulations. In Singapore, the Consumables and Assay Development (Singapore) team is tasked to innovate and collaborate with our international team of experts to further improve the stability, performance and robustness of our consumable reagents.
We are currently recruiting for a Scientist 1 at our Consumables and Assay Development (Singapore) team, who is keen to be part of our culture of constantly pushing forward the boundaries of science and technology to benefit human health. The successful candidate will carry out scientific R&D in the field of molecular biology and analytical chemistry including process characterization to enhance and improve the reagents used in our NGS and microarray consumables.
- As a Scientist 1 of the Core Consumables Development (Singapore) team, you will collaboratively execute the design and development of high-quality consumable reagents for Illumina microarray and/or sequencing platforms. As Illumina technology continues to grow, you will be a contributor within multidisciplinary teams tasked to enhance performance and robustness across our entire reagent platform.
- Your colleagues will count on your ability to work in multidisciplinary teams to solve complex problems and work on reagent stability issues.
- You will, under supervision, leverage your experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, analytical chemistry or biochemical engineering to determine the critical parameters for reagents function, stability, and performance, particularly for enzyme-based reagents.
- To work as part of the Consumables and Assay Development (Singapore) team:
- Engage in cross-functional collaboration with protein research teams, platform integration teams, Reagent Manufacturing, Operations and QA/QC teams to accelerate the development of novel consumable reagents used in Illumina’s microarray and/or NGS platforms
- As part of a team, develop methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining world-class results
- Execute biophysical, biochemical and analytical characterization experiments for critical components of Illumina sequencing reagents under supervision
- Execute various laboratory activities under supervision in a team environment
- Employ analytical tools under supervision for protein or small molecule characterization and demonstrate their predictive value for reagent performance and quality
- Write technical reports and communicate effectively to local leadership
- Be a strong team member within multi-disciplinary teams
- Employ and explain statistical methods to drive decisions
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- B.Sc./B.Eng. in a relevant field such as life sciences, biochemistry, biochemical/chemical engineering or equivalent is required
- 1+ years laboratory work experience in biochemical, pharma, chemical or equivalent industries is preferred
- Familiarity in quantitative PCR, optical/fluorescence microscopy, electrophoresis, liquid chromatography, activity assays and so on
- Strong collaborator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Entry level and graduating candidates may apply
- Application with Cover Letter will be preferentially considered
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities
- Previous work experience in biochemical, pharma, chemical or equivalent industries is preferred
- Experience with enzymes involved in NGS sample preparation or methylation assays, such as transposes, ligases, TET or APOBEC is a plus
- Experience in operating pilot-scale or large lab-scale biologically orientated processes such as lyophilization or cell culture (fermentation) at 20 litres or above is an advantage
- Understanding of protein biochemistry, engineering and structure is a plus
- Experience with microarrays and/or Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) is not required but is a plus
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
|11 Biopolis Way, Illumina, Singapore 138667
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
At Illumina, we’re making genomics more useful for all, for a better understanding of human health. By shining a brighter light on genomics, together we can harness the power to build a stronger world.
From our earliest startup days, we’ve always aspired to transform human health. Each new product is designed to empower our community to explore DNA at an entirely new scale, and discover answers to life’s biggest questions. Like what causes a cancer cell to mutate? What’s the origin of a puzzling disease? Is it possible to prevent the next outbreak? Or safeguard the world’s food supply? These challenges inspire us to push the boundaries of what’s possible, and connect more people to the technology and insights changing the world.
Today we’re a global leader in genomics—an industry at the intersection of biology and technology. We’re passionate about helping our customers read and understand genetic variations through our increasingly accessible, simple solutions. The advances our solutions support are triggering a fundamental shift in healthcare and beyond. Medicine will continue to become more preventive and more precise. We will be healthier, longer. And we’ve only just begun.
- Industry: BioTechnology/Pharmaceutical/Clinical research
- Registration No.: 200310311H
- Company Size: 501 - 1000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 30 days
This Job Vacancies Grouping Tag:
- Full-Time job vacancies in Singapore 2023
- job vacancies for Bachelor's Degree
- job vacancies for Master's Degree
- job vacancies for Post Graduate Diploma
- job vacancies for Professional Degree
- job vacancies in the city of Singapore 2023
- Scientist 1 (consumables And Assay Development) | #seekbetter #urgent position job vacancies