Central Region Jobs Senior Accountant (japanese Speaking), Sg Position at HYPERSCAL SOLUTIONS PTE. LTD.
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
Do you currently live in the Central and its surrounding areas and are looking for job vacancies? We are pleased to inform you that our company office, HYPERSCAL SOLUTIONS PTE. LTD. is currently seeking candidates to then join and fill the position as Senior Accountant (Japanese Speaking), SG and able to work under full time working hours system.
We are a competent professional company, therefore we have specific criteria for the interested candidates. We give priority to candidates who are experienced in the field of Accounting/Finance & General/Cost Accounting with a minimum Bachelor's Degree. In addition, we also prioritize candidates who are professional at work, uphold honesty, discipline in responsibility, and are capable to complete their task as well as possible.
We are offering a salary of SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700 for this position for interested candidates. However, this salary range can be negotiated and changed if the candidate's credibility exceeds our expectations and for sure, the agreement is adjusted to the policies of our company's HRD. Your capability will be highly appreciated by our company.
|HYPERSCAL SOLUTIONS PTE. LTD.
|Senior Accountant (japanese Speaking), Sg
|Type of Work
About the Company
JERA Global Markets (JERAGM) is a leading utility-backed seaborne energy trader specialising in LNG, coal and freight. A joint venture between majority shareholder JERA Co., Inc. and EDF Trading, JERAGM’s shareholders are among the world’s largest utilities.
JERAGM operates one of the largest energy portfolios in the world which gives it an in-depth understanding of the way local, regional and international energy markets behave. These insights enable it to help its customers increase security of supply, optimise their portfolios and improve the risk management of their assets.
JERAGM LNG team manages the flexibility of over 35 million tonnes of supply each year, with structural access to both the European and North American gas markets. The coal team manages 60 million tonnes of supply each year for its shareholders and third-party customers and operates a major coal terminal in the Netherlands.
Headquartered in Singapore, JERAGM has a global talent pool of more than 250 people across offices located in four strategic locations: Singapore, Japan (Tokyo), the UK (London) and the US (Baltimore).
JERAGM is strongly capitalised with over US$500 million in paid up capital and a total equity of US$3 billion. JERAGM has retained its A+ Stable rating from R&I, attributable to a robust business model and solid financial base.
The Finance department is responsible for all key accounting, reporting and tax matters affecting the Company and for the design, implementation, maintenance and operation of financial processes and internal controls. The Finance department is accountable for the management and oversight of the following functions:
- Consolidation reporting
- Financial control
- Financial planning & analysis
Key Role Responsibilities
Mainly responsible for ensuring proper accounting and financial reporting, including effective operations of the general ledger and financial closing for the Singapore, London, and US operations and maintaining close relationship with shareholder office.
- Prepare the quarterly and year-end financial reporting packages, and annual financial statements under the financial reporting standards as required by JERA, our Japanese shareholder
- Maintain the financial books and records in accordance with financial reporting standards (SFRs) and statutory requirement, including assessing the impact of changes in accounting standards and ensuring appropriate accounting treatment in line with Japanese accounting practice to be consolidated to Japanese shareholder.
- Involve in daily analysis of trade flows or transactions
- Liaise with Japanese shareholder’s internal control and audit as well as finance teams to facilitate effective communication between the Company’s and shareholder’s internal control and/audit as well as finance teams
- Perform monthly closing and consolidation process to ensure high quality, accurate and timely group and statutory reporting and in compliance to financial reporting standards and statutory requirement
- Perform monthly reconciliation of accounting profit and loss against Middle Office profit and loss. Identify, assess and evaluate discrepancies and consider if any adjustments as necessary to ensure accuracy of gross margin
- Support audit and review process by external auditors, including requests and queries from shareholder’s auditor
- Identify opportunities for process and controls improvements and execute them to raise operational efficiency and enhance the quality of financial reporting and also ensure compliance with JSOX reporting requirements
- Support in the implementation of IT initiatives/projects including shareholder’s group system implementation and integration
- Support the SVP Finance & Treasury and Senior Financial Controller/Manager, and perform other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure the overall the Company’s goals and objectives are achieved
- Working outside of normal business hours will be required at times, such as month-end closing
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure compliance with trading and accounting standards and other compliance requirements, including JSOX requirements
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Over 5 years of relevant working experience in finance and accounting role with relevant experience in the Japanese fuels market
- Fluent in both English and Japanese languages in order to be able to coordinate with JERA, our Japanese shareholder’s reporting requirements
- Strong proprietary knowledge to handle internal stakeholders
- IFRS project experience will be required as the Company will be using this to align with JERA
- Knowledge of JSOX reporting requirement
- Strong knowledge and experience in preparation and review of annual financial statements and good understanding of accounting practice in Japan
- Experience with DIVA reporting product (Japanese accounting consolidation system) and preparation of reporting requirements.
- Positive, conscientious, hands-on, and self-driven. Enjoy working in a dynamic environment
- Strong sense of logic and analytical skills with attention to details and accuracy
- Collaborative and strong team player and thrives on excellence and continuous improvement
- Able to manage multiple priorities and work well under time pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and able to work effectively with people of different culture and at all levels
- System savvy and proficient in Microsoft Excel
This role offers an excellent opportunity to further develop skills and responsibility within a growing and successful commodity trading business.
Please note that your application will be sent to and reviewed by the direct employer – JERA Global Markets Pte. Ltd.-
|300 Tampines Ave 5, Nucleus Software Solutions Pte Ltd, Singapore 529653
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.