Singapore Jobs Senior Engineer (backend) Position at Singapore Telecommunications Limited
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
We are currently looking for adequate candidates to fill the position of Senior Engineer (Backend). For candidates who reside in Singapore and its surrounding areas, we are looking forward to hearing from you to join our team at Singapore Telecommunications Limited and willing to work in our office under working hours system.
We have specific requirements for each of our employees as well as potential workers because we are a professional and knowledgeable business in the field we work in. We look forward to hearing from you soon if you have expertise in the fields of Computer/Information Technology & IT-Software with a minimum Not Specified.
We can give you a fairly competitive salary in the amount of SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700 on average. It also can be modified based on the credibility and experience you can provide for our business in accordance with our company HRD agreement.
|Singapore Telecommunications Limited
|Senior Engineer (backend)
|Type of Work
At Singtel, our mission is to Empower Every Generation. We are dedicated to fostering an equitable and forward-thinking work environment where our employees experience a strong sense of Belonging, to make meaningful Impact and Grow both personally and professionally. By joining Singtel, you will be part of a caring, inclusive and diverse workforce that creates positive impact and a sustainable future for all.
Be a Part of Something BIG!
The Senior Engineer will be part of our development team that has strong experience in agile development and in-depth knowledge of digital solutions. You will be responsible to develop application design, development, Integration, testing various stages such as SIT/UAT and others test and ensure applications and modules are working to the specifications, program codes have conformed to standards and are delivered with quality meeting schedule and requirements. You will work in a highly productive and collaborative team where your ideas will be listened to and put into action.
Make an Impact by
- Analyse Module specifications work with developers to coordinate the work, track the progress of the work
- Prepare follow and instill in the development team the industry standard program guideline, programming best practices, and integration mechanics.
- Prepare/Review changes to configurable items, which include hardware, software, documentation, etc. It covers configuration management planning, configuration identification, configuration controls & audits
- Review unit test package and SIT test scenarios, tests & document test results to ensure the quality of the program
- Prepare the SIT test logs, ensure SIT test cases are followed up and closed
- Track the end-to-end Module delivery development to SIT.
- End to End integration testing, system testing
- Support User Acceptance Test (UAT) & implementation activities to fix the reported problems/bugs of the system to ensure the smooth execution of programs in the production environment
- Work with developers to Investigate all reported problems/errors & initiate amendments & testing so that the system can operate correctly & efficiently
- Prepare Review & maintain up-to-date technical documentation, flow diagrams and system documentation.
- Analyse functional requirements to translate into application design using established design methodologies and guidelines
- Ensure codes reviews comply with financial sector security guidelines
- Able to manage 4-5 developers both onsite and offshore
Skills for Success
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years of programming experience:
- Must have skills in DevOps & CI/CD using Bamboo, Jenkins, SonarQube
- Experience using scrum-based software development tools like JIRA, BitBucket and confluence
- Experience in Designing, Development and Implementing REST based micro/modular services
- Experience in Designing, Development and Implementing on event-driven architecture knowledge in real-time messaging systems
- Experience in API development using Camel or APIgee
- Strong experience with databases like MySQL, SQL Server
- Strong experience with Web servers like Nginx, Apache.
- Excellent design, strong presentation, communication both oral & written and working in a medium to large teams
- Experience working Telco services industry
Rewards that Go Beyond
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Full suite of health and wellness benefits
- Ongoing training and development programs
- Internal mobility opportunities
Your Career Growth Starts Here. Apply Now!
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
|31 Exeter Rd, Singapore Telecommunications Limited, Singapore 239732
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
The Singtel Group is Asia's leading communications group. We provide a diverse range of services including fixed, mobile, data, internet, TV and infocomms technology (ICT) as well as digital solutions.
Our main operations are in Singapore and Australia. Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has more than 130 years of operating experience and has played a pivotal role in the country's development as a major communications hub. Today, we continue to lead and shape the local consumer and enterprise market. Our Australian arm, Optus is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are a major communications player in Asia and Africa through our strategic investments in five regional mobile operators, namely Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines), Advanced Info Service (Thailand) and PBTL (Bangladesh). The Group also has investments in Bharti Airtel (India), which has significant presence in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Africa.
We are a long term strategic investor and work closely with our associates to grow the business by leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience. The Group serves over 500 million mobile customers around the world.
Singtel is the largest listed company on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation. We are also listed on the Australian Securities Exchange following our acquisition of Optus in August 2001. To serve the needs of multinational corporations, Singtel has a vast network of offices in countries and territories throughout Asia Pacific, in Europe and the USA, while Optus has a network of offices around Australia. The Group employs more than 22,00 staff worldwide.
- Industry: Telecommunication
- Registration No.: 199201624D
- Company Size: More than 5000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 23 days
- Benefits & Others: Medical, Sports (e.g. Gym), Business (e.g. Shirts), Family-friendly policies, SingTel Recreation Club, Work-life coaching