Singapore Jobs Senior Executive/assistant Manager (school Of Computing Finance) | #seek Position at National University of Singapore
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
Candidates who are domiciled in Singapore and its surroundings and meet these following minimum criteria:
- Qualification: Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma & Professional Degree
- Experienced in Admin/Human Resources & Clerical/Administrative Support
- Behave in a disciplined, honest, responsible, and professional manner in the work environment.
The initial salary that we can offer is quite competitive with a range of SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700. If the credibility and experience that the candidate has exceeds the minimum criteria we need, the salary can change and adjusted according to the decisions of our company's HRD agreement.
|Company||National University of Singapore|
|Position||Senior Executive/assistant Manager (school Of Computing Finance) | #seek|
|Work Experience||3 years|
|Qualification||Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree|
|Type of Work||Contract|
|Minimum Salary||SGD 2.000|
|Maximum Salary||SGD 5.700|
To support Finance Lead in business partnering role and strategic financial direction for the School of Computing and providing support on finance and accounting operations and management reporting function and ensuring compliance with University’s Financial Policies and Procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Finance Business Partnering
- Provide advice to internal customers or other divisions of the School on finance related guidelines and policies including day-to-day execution of finance duties to ensure adherence and compliance with NUS’ Policies and Procedures at all time.
- Liaise with other functional staff and Central Shared Services staff to resolve issues.
- Manage and monitor the funding position of strategic initiatives, conference events, grant projects and ensure timely completion and accuracy of final accounts.
Budgeting, Financial Analysis & Reporting
- Prepare and review Monthly Management Reports including financial analysis and provide insights to key stakeholders, such as Dean, Heads and Centre/Programme Directors on the financial position of the departments and school to drive performance and ensure financial sustainability.
- Assist to manage, monitor and control the School’ s Operating Budget and Equipment Budget utilisation
Finance Operations (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Taxation, Fixed Assets)
- Processing of suppliers’ invoices and request for payments to students and visitors.
- Requesting for vendor creation and/or amendment, where necessary.
- Issuing of Invoices, Credit Notes and reviewing of Debtors’ Ageing Report.
- Processing refunds for e-Collection system receipts, where necessary.
- Verify and submit Withholding Tax forms.
- Reviewing of Concur Reports monthly to account for Reverse Charge via journal.
Ensuring proper and timely capitalization of fixed assets, including intangibles.
General Ledger & Controllership
- Verify and submit journal requests.
- Monitor grant utilisation and grant disbursement; review grant accrual every quarter.
- Review of monthly Accruals, Prepayment and Balance Sheet GL Accounts, Outstanding Purchase Order Commitment, and preparation of year-end financial reporting schedules and others.
- WBS management on opening and closure.
Internal Control, Compliance and Risk Management
- Review and enhance internal controls, procedures and processes to drive optimal operational efficiency and effectiveness within the School.
- Ensure key control activities are in place to manage risk and prevent / detect fraud.
- Attend to audit queries and ensure agreed action items are implemented.
- Perform and document Business Unit level testing on Risk Control Matrix Framework to support the Annual Management Assurance Certification process.
Process Improvement and Others
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in workflow and cultivate an environment to promote improvements.
- Other ad-hoc tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- Recognized Degree in Accountancy or equivalent professional qualifications
- At least 3 – 5 years of relevant working experience
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with drive and strong sense of responsibility
- Meticulous, committed, proactive and possess a “hands-on” personality
- Resourceful and adaptive to changes with positive work attitude and a good team player
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office especially Excel and standard office software
- Knowledge of SAP financial application in project and fund management systems will be an advantage
- Able to start work immediately or at short notice
- Singaporean preferred
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department : [[Office of Finance]]
Employee Referral Eligible: Yes
Job requisition ID : 1844
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
A leading global university centred in Asia, the National University of Singapore (NUS) offers a global approach to education and research, with a focus on Asian perspectives and expertise. It is driven by its mission to transform the way people think and do things through education, research and service. The NUS community is distinctively global with talented students and faculty from more than 100 countries. We invite dynamic and motivated individuals to be part of this vibrant hub which is dedicated to delivering quality education and undertaking research for the betterment of society.
- Industry: Education
- Registration No.: 200604346E
- Company Size: More than 5000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 22 days
- Benefits & Others: Education support, Medical, Sports (e.g. Gym), Parking, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Formal (e.g. Shirts + Ties), Flexi-benefits
- Specific Location: Singapore