Central Region Jobs Senior / Venue Technician (staging), Office Of Venue Management Position at Singapore Arts School Ltd
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
We are hiring for the position of Senior / Venue Technician (Staging), Office of Venue Management with full time working hours for our company office, Singapore Arts School Ltd, for residents of Central - Others and its neighboring areas.
Candidates with expertise in Arts/Media/Communications & Entertainment and at least a Diploma & Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma or higher are highly needed. The candidates criteria we are looking for must be trustworthy and disciplined, because our business values a professional and competitive work environment.
Our company provides a competitive salary range of SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700, which can be adjusted at the discretion of HRD in our company. This range naturally varies depending on how proficient the candidate credibility can be offered.
We are pleased to announce that our company, Singapore Arts School Ltd, is currently open recruitment for candidates who are interested in joining our office company as a Senior / Venue Technician (Staging), Office of Venue Management.
|Singapore Arts School Ltd
|Senior / Venue Technician (staging), Office Of Venue Management
|Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Diploma
|Type of Work
Summary of Job
Reporting to the Senior Manager, this individual will be responsible for managing and operating the stage automation systems, logistics coordination and maintenance of staging and rigging equipment and inventories within SOTA’s performing arts venues and art gallery. The individual is also required to perform a variety of other technical duties associated with carpentry, lighting, and audio-visual during load-in, performance and load-out. A strong team player, with excellent technical knowledge and operational skills in staging aspects of technical theatre, and good organisational and interpersonal skills, is required of this role to provide technical advice and operational support for the hirers, Venue Sales, Production Coordination and Front-of-House teams in ensuring hirers’ production and event needs are met and delivered in a safe and orderly working environment while upholding excellent service standards. Supervise and mentor casual technicians, and cross-train with the team of venue technicians in other specialisations to provide technical advice and operational support at events. Engage in cross-training and functions in venue and production operations and project management.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing and operating the stage automation, staging and rigging equipment, coordination of logistics and maintenance of technical equipment, systems, and inventories within SOTA’s performing arts venues and art gallery.
- Responsible for the technical aspects of productions in the performing venues and gallery from load-in to load-out, assign duties to technical team to ensure efficient technical services are rendered effectively within production timeline.
- Perform variety of technical duties associated with staging, rigging, fly system, and carpentry, including audio, visual media and lighting setup and operation when required.
- Provide technical advice and operational support for the Venue Sales, Production Coordination and Front-of-House teams in ensuring hirers’ production and event needs are met and delivered in a safe and orderly working environment while upholding excellent service standards.
- Evaluate risk assessment procedure and always ensure compliance with SOTA’s prevailing policies and standard operating procedures.
- Manage the technical inventory, coordinate maintenance schedule, conduct regular in-house maintenance to ensure equipment and systems are in good operational condition.
- Plan and implement servicing and upgrading to the respective systems in the venues.
- Coordinate and supervise contractors during maintenance and/or installation of equipment, system and/or any venue-related works.
- Assist the department in sourcing and collating purchase requisition requirements and quotations on any product requisition for maintenance, replacement and upgrading of venue equipment and systems.
- Assist technical team in planning work schedules and assigning tasks for team of Venue Technicians (full-time/ casual).
- Supervise and mentor casual technicians, and cross-train with team members in the technical aspects of staging, rigging, stage automation system operation, carpentry, audio, visual media, lighting, and/or any other technical theatre specialisations to provide technical advice and operational support at events.
- Develop appropriate training program and conduct training for the junior/casual venue technicians to develop and enhance their technical knowledge and skills to better support the team.
- Engage in cross-training and functions in venue and production operations and project management.
- Support school-wide events and key activities.
- Adhere to SOTA’s prevailing policies and procedures.
- Diploma or relevant professional qualification and technical experience of equivalent in related fields, and above.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in managing and operating staging and rigging systems, preferably including stage automation system, in the arts and entertainment industry. (To have more than 6 years of good and relevant experience for consideration for Senior position)
- Possess good working technical knowledge and skills in various stage production disciplines with specialisation in at least one of the following will be an added advantage:
- Stage lighting
- Audio and visual media
- Able to work independently with an eye for details and an excellent team player.
- Good organisational, communication and interpersonal skills, including planning and supervisory skills.
- Able to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment and handle complex situations calmly and professionally.
- Required to work at height and operate machinery and lift heavy equipment.
- Long working hours, with frequent requirement to work on weekends and/or Public Holidays.
|1 Zubir Said Dr, Singapore Arts School Ltd., Singapore 227968
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
The School of the Arts (SOTA) is Singapore’s first national pre-tertiary specialised arts school with a six-year integrated arts and academic curriculum, leading to the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or Career-related Programme, for youths aged 13-18 years old.
Under the ambit of the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY), SOTA offers a dedicated development path for those who have interest and show early talent in the arts, providing a learning environment where both the artistic and academic potential can best be realised.
With a vision to nurture creative citizens for the future, SOTA aims to identify and groom artistic and creative learners who positively impact Singapore and the world, through a vibrant learning environment that is anchored in the arts.
A school of the future, SOTA embraces a holistic educational philosophy that celebrates experimentation, expression and discovery.
- Industry: Education
- Registration No.: 200500775C
- Company Size: 201 - 500 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 22 days
- Benefits & Others: Dental, Education support, Medical, Sports (e.g. Gym), Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Formal (e.g. Shirts + Ties), Flexi-benefits
- Specific Location: Dhoby Ghaut