Singapore Jobs Sr. Staff Engineer (hybrid) – #seek Position at Panasonic Avionics Corporation
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
We are hiring! Our company is merrily looking for a candidate to fill the position of Sr. Staff Engineer (Hybrid) - #Seek. For those of you who live in Singapore and its surrounding areas, we need you to then join our company office, Panasonic Avionics Corporation, and able to under a full time working hours.
As a professional business with expertise in the field we serve, we have specific standards for each candidates interested to join our company. If you have experience in the field of Computer/Information Technology & IT-Software with at least Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree & Master's Degree, professional, honest, and disciplined, we will enthusiastically hearing from you to join our company.
We offer you the salary rates ranging from SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700. The provision pertaining to the average starting initial salary we offer may change if you meet or even beyond the minimum requirement we are looking for in accordance with our company HRD agreement.
|Panasonic Avionics Corporation
|Sr. Staff Engineer (hybrid) - #seek
|Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree
|Type of Work
Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at ww.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to ww.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Responsible for all aspects of data acquisition, data transformation, analytics scheduling and operationalization to drive high-visibility, cross-division outcomes. Investigate, evaluate, test and recommend technical solutions for future systems. The Sr. Staff Engineer will support software developers, database architects, data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture.
Data Design Management
- Own product data sets from the definition phase through to production deployment.
- Build distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale and in real-time.
- Provide solutions for the design and implementation of Hadoop EMR Cluster/ Big Data Infrastructure.
- Optimize Spark Jobs using Spark UI and set custom Spark configuration parameters where ever needed for Job completion.
- Develop ETL Jobs to process raw and curated dataset using AWS Glue and orchestrate using Glue Workflows.
- Automate Glue ETL definition and workflows using AWS Cloud Formation Template (CFT)
- Develop and automate Docker workloads using AWS ECS Fargate
- Deploy and maintain Hadoop/Big Data/Spark and database storage Infrastructures in AWS cloud.
- Create data environments and/or data sets to serve a wide range of data users, including but not limited to Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Business Analysts etc
- Develop AWS QuickSight Dashboards to come up with charts for different KPI’s.
- Perform offline analysis of large data sets using components of a big data software ecosystem.
- Support the evaluation of big data technologies and prototype solutions to improve data processing architecture.
- Troubleshoot and determine root cause of complex data provenance, metadata issues and engineering questions that may involve interfacing with various technical staff in multiple organizations and with differing levels of expertise.
- Investigate, evaluate, test and recommend technical solutions for future systems.
- Develop tools and procedures to monitor and automate system tasks on servers and clusters
- Author extract, transform and load (ETL) scripts for moving and curating data into data sets for storage and use by a datalake, data warehouse and datamart.
- Collaborate with other teams to design, develop, and deploy data tools that support both operations and product use cases.
- Evaluate and advise on technical aspects of open work requests in the product backlog with the project lead
What we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of database concepts, object and data modeling techniques and design principles
- Detailed knowledge of database architectures, software, and facilities
- Successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected data sets
- Experience with programming languages – Python (required), Scala, Ruby, R Database technologies – SQL, performance tuning concepts, AWS RDS, RedShift, MySQL
- Experience with big data batch processing tools: Hadoop MapReduce, ElasticSearch, PIG, Hive, Cascading/Scalding, Apache Spark, AWS Glue, AWS EMR
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Kinesis, Kafka, MQTT
- Experience with relational NoSQL databases including DynamoDB
- Ability to write JSON, XML, YAML and other data definition schemas
- Works on advanced complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical knowledge or industry.
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- May be the in-house expert on specific technologies.
- Ability to provide a leadership role for the work group through knowledge in area of specialization.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 12 years of professional experience as a data software engineer
- 2 years of experience with AWS cloud or other cloud Big Data computing design, provisioning, and tuning.
- Related AWS certification, preferred
- Previous experience as a Data Engineer / Database Administrator and/or Business Intelligence Analyst.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
|202 Bedok South Ave 1, #02-03 Block A Panasonic Avionics Corporation, Singapore 469332
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
Panasonic Avionics is the world leader in in-flight entertainment and communications, with most systems installed, most airlines served, and the industries deepest knowledge base, developed with over 35 years of consistent product innovation and committed customer service. Headquartered in Lake Forest, California, with offices in Washington; regional centers in Dallas, Dubai, London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Toulouse; system production facilities in Osaka; as well as field service, maintenance and sales facilities worldwide. We are currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill the following position.
- Industry: Aerospace / Aviation / Airline
- Registration No.: S95FC4931H
- Company Size: 51 - 200 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 30 days
- Benefits & Others: Dental, Medical, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Business (e.g. Shirts), Insurance coverage