Singapore Jobs Teaching Assistant (creating Narratives), Did – #seek Position at National University of Singapore
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
Our company, National University of Singapore is currently opening occasion for those of you who are interested in becoming a part of our company specifically Singapore and its surrounding areas. For those of you who are interested to be a part of our company with the position of Teaching Assistant (Creating Narratives), DID - #Seek and able to work in the WFO (Work From Office) system with full time working hours.
We will openly welcome you if you meet these following criteria:
- Qualification: Doctorate (PhD)
- Experienced in Education/Training & Education
- Honest, disciplined, and responsible
- Uphold professionalism in the work environment
We offer you a fairly competitive base salary of SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700 in average and can be adjusted according to the capabilities that you offer for our company and have been negotiated under HRD agreement.
|National University of Singapore
|Teaching Assistant (creating Narratives), Did - #seek
|Type of Work
The need for effective communication amongst designers, architects, and engineers, has become a forefront issue for the university. In support of this, the Division of Industrial Design (DID) now offers a compulsory module titled Creating Narratives.
To adequately scale this course offering, the Division of Industrial Design is seeking a Teaching Assistant to join our team of tutors who work in a team-teaching environment. Responsibilities include course coordination and delivery, content development, and assessment. The current iteration of the course uses a Blended Learning model, delivered using a synchronous and asynchronous (video) teaching model.
Course content is focused on the importance of storytelling for communication, information, and persuasion. It teaches students the visual components to support these concepts such as organizational principles, typographic hierarchy and layout, visualization strategies, color usage, and presentation skills. Textual components will be supported in collaboration with tutors from CELC (Centre for English Language Communication).
We are currently looking for dynamic, passionate and inspirational teaching assistants who have a clear knowledge of visual communication practices. You will also need to be able to communicate concepts effective to students and contribute to continued improvements to content and teaching pedagogy.
This is a full-time contract post and it offers a fantastic opportunity for professional development. Candidates will receive training in teaching and design facilitation. All course materials will be provided. A small level of service to the Division of Industrial Design is expected.
- The candidate will actively work with the faculty content creator and lead instructor.
- The candidate will be responsible for co-teaching multiple sections of the course module (approximately 25 students).
- The candidate will also assist in developing online content to be delivered asynchronously in subsequent semesters. In this scenario the candidate will provide feedback and assessment during class hours and consultations, as students work through a series of communication applications.
- As a staff member in the Division of Industrial Design, you will also provide support to various activities and service areas.
Candidates are required to have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related discipline, with a keen interest in teaching, as well as a track record of design excellence, research and/or practice. Remuneration will commensurate with experience and degree. The Division of Industrial Design is an equal opportunity employer and supports workplace diversity.
The start date for successful applicants is 01 July 2023. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position(s) is filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Applications are to include:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Publication and/or Project list;
- Design portfolio if available;
- Statement of Interest;
- A list of referees (min. 2) with contact details (who will be contacted only with your concurrence);
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
A leading global university centred in Asia, the National University of Singapore (NUS) offers a global approach to education and research, with a focus on Asian perspectives and expertise. It is driven by its mission to transform the way people think and do things through education, research and service. The NUS community is distinctively global with talented students and faculty from more than 100 countries. We invite dynamic and motivated individuals to be part of this vibrant hub which is dedicated to delivering quality education and undertaking research for the betterment of society.
- Industry: Education
- Registration No.: 200604346E
- Company Size: More than 5000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 22 days
- Benefits & Others: Education support, Medical, Sports (e.g. Gym), Parking, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Formal (e.g. Shirts + Ties), Flexi-benefits
- Specific Location: Singapore