Singapore Jobs Technical Media Specialist I – #seek Position at Panasonic Avionics Corporation
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
We are hiring! To candidates with Professional Certificate/NiTEC, Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma & Professional Degree which prioritizing honesty and discipline and experienced in the field of Arts/Media/Communications & Arts/Creative Design, we Panasonic Avionics Corporation, are looking for candidates who are interested to join us and fill the position as technical media specialist i - #seek and dedicated to work in full time which domiciled in Singapore and surrounding areas.
We offer a competitive monthly base salary from SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700.
Due to prioritize professionalism in the work environment, the salary can be adjusted upon compromise with our company's HRD according to the capabilities of the candidate.
|Panasonic Avionics Corporation
|Technical Media Specialist I - #seek
|Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree, Diploma, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Certificate/NiTEC, Professional Degree
|Type of Work
Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills, and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at ww.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to ww.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Track incoming digital media assets and coordinate quality control, technical compliance and status with internal and external parties. Configure, process, integrate, test and release customer media for In-Flight Entertainment Systems to support program development and media updates. Support profile update requests for monthly updates. Reconfigure, test and troubleshoot multiple system test configurations, maintain integration rack test harnesses and use specialized equipment as part of the rack integration process. Perform a wide variety of electronic, electro-mechanical, and mechanical production of subassemblies and assemblies. Provide assistance in producing and qualifying rack test harnesses and equipment.
The hourly wage range of $19.71-$26.30 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
Tracking and Quality Verification
- Logs and tracks all incoming assets and communicates status of delivery to internal
- and external parties.
- Validates quality of content and technical compliance including audio/video sync
- issues, language verification and metadata correctness.
- Communicates and coordinates re-work of rejected media and dry run issues with
- internal & external parties.
- Validates official ship set submissions and documentation
- Assist in creating and configuring assemblies and sub-assemblies per engineering
- related drawings, customer specifications, schematics, Bill-of-Materials, and work
- Identify and install various electronic, electro-mechanical and mechanical assemblies.
- Assist with engineering test equipment and cabling.
- Configure, Integration and Test
- Rack set up and wiring with ability to troubleshoot rack and wiring issues.
- Processes and integrates customer software and media.
- In preparation for rack testing, generate exports and SDS as needed.
- Conducts customer software loading, set up and configure Inflight Entertainment system, perform system testing, and log all failures and anomalies per standard test requirements.
- Coordinate and confirm resolution of failures and anomalies.
- Create and duplicate customer ship sets including corresponding release documentation.
- Maintains integration of rack test harnesses and specialized lab equipment.
- Solves moderate-level system, software, rack wiring and/or LRU interface problems.
- Provides basic support for airline profile creation, database updates for monthly
- Follow Project Level Labor Track procedures and routine work instructions as defined in PAC’s Quality Management System.
Research and Problem Solving
- Researches and supports problems reported by internal and external parties.
- Researches and learns new system platforms and tools to support business needs.
What we’re looking for:
- Windows, OSX and Linux environments at the user level
- Secure Shell (SSH)
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP), Secure Copy Protocol (SCP), Internet Protocol and Telnet
- File Systems (FAT32, NTFS, EXT3)
- MPEG Standards
- Knowledgeable of MPEG digital video and audio specifications/standards
- Intermediate level proficiency in analyzing digital content
- Working knowledge of electronics and wiring standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Good interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of techniques, terminology and repair skills typically used in electro-mechanical environments.
- Knowledge of cable harness components like connectors, pins, back shells, wire gauges, etc.
- Experience with small scale soldering.
- Manual dexterity, experience with hand and power tools.
- High level of attention to detail and the ability to work effectively as part of a team while under
- pressure to deliver to strict monthly deadlines.
- Ability to analytically resolve issues and problems, to maintain work flow, quality, and on-timendelivery.
- High command of written English and numbers.
- Use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve issues.
- Follows defined practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- 4 year IT/Computer/Engineering degree preferred with 3-4 years relevant work experience thatninclude the following:
- Linux-Fedora, Red Hat
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspect of leading our industry is the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive, and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company-paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse, and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term Disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third-party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third-party customers, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
|202 Bedok South Ave 1, #02-03 Block A Panasonic Avionics Corporation, Singapore 469332
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
Panasonic Avionics is the world leader in in-flight entertainment and communications, with most systems installed, most airlines served, and the industries deepest knowledge base, developed with over 35 years of consistent product innovation and committed customer service. Headquartered in Lake Forest, California, with offices in Washington; regional centers in Dallas, Dubai, London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Toulouse; system production facilities in Osaka; as well as field service, maintenance and sales facilities worldwide. We are currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill the following position.
- Industry: Aerospace / Aviation / Airline
- Registration No.: S95FC4931H
- Company Size: 51 - 200 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 30 days
- Benefits & Others: Dental, Medical, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Business (e.g. Shirts), Insurance coverage
This Job Vacancies Grouping Tag:
- Full-Time job vacancies in Singapore 2023
- job vacancies for Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma
- job vacancies for Bachelor's Degree
- job vacancies for Diploma
- job vacancies for Post Graduate Diploma
- job vacancies for Professional Certificate/NiTEC
- job vacancies for Professional Degree
- job vacancies in the city of Singapore 2023
- Technical Media Specialist I - #seek position job vacancies