Singapore Jobs Technology – Risk Services (data Trust Services) Associate – 2023 Intake Position at Pricewaterhousecoopers Risk Services Pte. Ltd._
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
As a competent company, we Pricewaterhousecoopers Risk Services Pte. Ltd._ are looking for candidates for the position of technology - risk services (data trust services) associate - 2023 intake with internship work system. We are looking for candidates who uphold honesty and discipline at work, with minimum criteria Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma & Professional Degree, experienced in Computer/Information Technology & IT-Software and domiciled in Singapore and surrounding areas.
Our company offers competitive salary that can be adjusted to how skilled the capability of interested candidates will be, with monthly base salary SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700 in accordance with the decisions of our company's HRD.
|Company||Pricewaterhousecoopers Risk Services Pte. Ltd._|
|Position||Technology - Risk Services (data Trust Services) Associate - 2023 Intake|
|Career Level||Entry Level|
|Qualification||Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree|
|Type of Work||Internship|
|Minimum Salary||SGD 2.000|
|Maximum Salary||SGD 5.700|
We at PwC believe that challenges are better solved together. That’s why you’ll join a diverse, global community that comes together to build trust in society and solve important problems. With us, you are encouraged to lead with your heart and values, and where your skills are developed and put to work in exciting ways, superpowered by technology.
How will you value-add:
We aspire to build a team of data professionals with the ability to apply their knowledge in helping our clients solve their business challenges while future proofing their business.
Our practice is integrated across different PwC Lines of Services, and works collaboratively with our clients to manage engagements and lead teams of data and analytics resources in various aspects digital, data and analytics solutions
We are looking for Associates to fill our 2023 intake.
Choose your track:
There are multiple tracks within our team where you can find your niche. Candidates will be assigned to the relevant roles, listed below, based on their experience and expertise. Please refer to the list below for a detailed description of the roles.
Track A: Data Engineering
A data engineer is responsible for collecting, managing, and transforming raw data into information that can be consumed and interpreted downstream by end users, facilitated by data scientists and business analysts. Your ultimate goal is to enable organizations to utilize their data for performance evaluation and optimization. Here are some of the skills and experience you may need to be effective in your role:
- Bachelor’s degree and above in Analytics, Information Systems Management, Computer Science or related fields
- 0-1 year of experience – depending on grade, in data integration strategy, data modeling, designing, building ETLs, data ingestions, and/or transformations
- Interest in working with RDBMS such as DB2, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostGresSQL, Teradata, etc.
- Knowledge in data integration or ETL tools such as Informatica PowerCentre, Oracle Data Integrator, SAP Data Services, Ab Initio, IBM DataStage or Microsoft SSIS
- Process good knowledge and experience in data quality definition, data cleansing and data treatment/profiling process using industry standard tools like Informatica Data Quality, Trillium Software, SAS Data Quality, SAP Data Quality Management, etc. is an advantage
- Good knowledge of data warehouse and data management implementation methodology
- Good conceptual knowledge of the data management frameworks, including operating model, data governance, data management, data security, data quality and data architecture
- Experience in big data platforms like Cloudera and HortonWorks
- Knowledge in Cloud technologies including AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and their respective ETL specific services (eg: AWS Glue)
- Knowledge in cloud data warehouses like Snowflake, Redshift, Synapse etc.
- Knowledge in API Management software design and build
- Good knowledge of data visualisation concepts using tools such as Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI, Qlik, etc.
- Interest in Agile Methodology implementation
- Certification in any of database, data integration, data management, visualisation tools and cloud is an added advantage
- Knowledge about the infrastructure paradigms such as OS, network, etc. is an added advantage
- Ability to pick up new tools and able to be independent with minimal guidance from the project leads/managers
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to establish personal credibility quickly and demonstrate expertise
- Must be able to stay up to date on the latest trends in data analytics, like Data Fabric, Data Lakehouse, Data Mesh to name a few.
Track B: Data Management and Governance
A data management professional develops and governs data-oriented systems designed to meet the needs of an organization or research team. Data Management includes accessing, validating, and storing data that is needed for research and day-to-day business operations. Key areas of work include data quality, metadata and masterdata management, creation of data catalogues to name a few. Here are some of the skills and experience you may need to be effective in your role:
- A degree in technology or business-related subject is recommended (e.g. Business analytics, Computer science, accounting, business management)
- 0-1 year of relevant experience, depending on the grade applied for
- Knowledge in Financial industry will be an added advantage
- Strong technical and analytical skill sets
- Possess good presentation skills, both oral and written
- Ability to interact with various levels of internal and external stakeholders both in written and verbal forms
- Good client management skills, authoritative and credible in a client conversation – both in terms of personal style and subject matter expertise
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to prioritise and manage multiple task
- Ability to lead teams under pressure with demonstrated experience in project management
- Willing to listen to your client and discern the best course of action for them
- Self-driven, curious, a fast-learner and a strong practitioner of self-development
- Must be able to stay up to date on the latest trends in data analytics, like Data Fabric, Data Lakehouse, Data Mesh to name a few.
- Conceptual understanding of various data platforms, including major cloud players like AWS, Azure and GCP
- A passion for client service and an ability to work from both the PwC Singapore office and client sites
Track C: Data Science
A data scientist’s primary job, in simple terms, is to extract actionable insights of value from data. But we expect certain more skills and qualities in the data scientists who wish to join us, like
- Ability to work with data to get it into proper form amenable for analysis which includes data preparation/wrangling and integration experience, feature engineering
- Business acumen so that you are able to understand the business problem, translate the requirements into technical requirements and then ensure use cases you formulate see the light of the day
Read on only if you think you can deliver on both of the aforementioned aspects.
How will you value add:
- Using Data Science Methods and Artificial Intelligence to enhance innovation, profitability and growth of our clients in three dimensions:
- (1) Business Innovation: Design and implement innovative, data-driven business models, identification, conception and assessment of industry and client specific Use Cases, Utilization of data-modeling and -analysis in every aspect of Sales, Marketing, Operations and Business-model innovation
- (2) Big Data and Analytics: Extract new insights from various data sources leveraging sophisticated Machine Learning and AI solutions
- (3) Digital Transformation: Define and implement corporate transformation as well as Strategy development towards a “Data-Driven Business” leveraging data science, AI, ML and digital technologies
- Work with business and tech to develop end-to-end advanced analytics solutions, from problem formulation, data sourcing to developing and deploying the solution into production
- Understand the business domain and relevant dataset
- Provide end-to-end advanced solutions to design, develop and deploy to production system
- Build MLOps, CI/CD practices to manage models regarding quick experiments and feedback loop and their ultimate operationalization
- Communicate, interpret, execute analytics results and machine learning model details with business as well as technical stakeholders
- PhD, Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or other relevant fields with deep theoretical knowledge in machine learning, data mining or statistical / mathematical modelling
- 0-1 year experience from leading consulting organizations and/or working on transformation projects and/or in-house consulting, with proven delivery success of data science and analytics related projects and transformation programmes.
- Proven experience in projects related to Data Analytics, Data science and digital transformation and up-to-date on methods and technologies related to Data Science, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning and Automation
- Practical experience in solving complex problems using scientific methods and modelling approach using experimental, statistical, machine learning and visualization techniques.
- Clear and proven project delivery expertise and client-facing experience in Singapore and/or Asia
- Identify, pursue and covert a pipeline of business development opportunities leveraging sharp intellect and strong problem-solving skills to address complex client challenges
- Proven practical interest in statistical modelling, Machine Learning, Text Mining or Data Visualization for use cases including segmenting, customer value modelling, marketing optimization, campaign management, Pricing, image and voice recognition, fraud detection, Robotics and Chatbots as well as real time data capture and evaluation.
- Proficient in the technical skills such as SQL, Python, PySpark, ML packages and tools
- Knowledge in Business Intelligence tools and relevant statistic tools/languages (e.g. R, Python, SAS) as well as Data Storytelling and visualization skills (e.g. with Tableau or QlikView)
- Other tools/cloud platform knowledge and experience valued: Alteryx, GCP, Azure, AWS
Track D: BI and Data Visualisation
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform work across diverse industries and projects ranging from developing organisational strategies for analytics to building sophisticated data architectures and analytical models
- Analyse and interpret large volumes of data from client data systems and external sources using proprietary and open source data tools, platforms and analytical tool kits
- Translate complex findings into simple language and communicate them to internal and external stakeholders, such as your team members and clients executives
- Deliver excellent client service and work from both the PwC Singapore office and at client sites
- Degree in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Economics, Engineering, Information Systems, Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Physic or other related disciplines that possesses an analytical and quantitative component from a reputable university
- Strong communication skills and an awareness of global trends
- Strong preference for basic competency in two or more of the following:
- an analytical software (e.g. R, SAS)
- a data visualization tool (e.g. Qlik, Tableau, PowerBI,)
- a relational or graph database management tool (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, Neo4J)
- programming (e.g. VBA, C++, Java, Python)
- distributed architectures (e.g. HDFS, Mapreduce, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Pig, Hive)
- A self-driven learner with the ability to quickly learn and apply new tools and techniques such as proprietary analytical software, data models and programming languages
- An appreciation for structured methodical research, critical thinking and problem solving skills with an understanding for the application of these skills in the business environment
- A natural curiosity to identify, investigate and explain trends and patterns in data
- An ability to analyse and break down complex concepts and technical findings into clear and simple language for communication to team members and clients
- A passion for Emerging Technologies related to Big Data, Machine Learning and AI
Track E: Data Generalist / Analytics focussed Business Analyst (BA)
A business analyst plays a key role in across the lifecycle of an analytics project, by analyzing data and providing insights that can help the stakeholders make better business decisions. As a Data Generalist or a Business Analyst, you would often work closely with data analysts to collect, clean, and analyze data from various sources, and business stakeholders to elicit analytics requirements around use cases. The ability to wear multiple hats, translate business requirements into technical requirements, drive UATs and test case scenarios, guide and manager the team delivering the data analytics project will be some of the key responsibilities in your job.
- Someone who has interest in at least two of the below tracks:
- Data Engineering
- Data Management
- Data Science
- BI and Data Visualisation
- Knowledge in creating and maintaining documents like Business Requirements Document (BRD), Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), Functional Specification Document (FSD)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively.
- Track record of providing ongoing support and guidance to stakeholders to help them understand and use data effectively, like conducting adoption trainings, hackathons etc.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to identify and prioritize business needs
- Interest in developing and implementing data collection and analysis processes
- Evaluating data to identify areas for improvement and making recommendations to senior management
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as business management, engineering, economics, or statistics
You will receive an email from us to complete pymetrics within 3 working days of your application submission. Pymetrics is a series of engaging online games that will assess cognitive, behavioural and emotional traits. This allows us to learn more about you and gives us insights into where you will thrive the most in our business.
- Please note we accept only one application per candidate. You may indicate your second preference in the same application. We recommend that you apply to your preferred position that closely aligns with your skills, passions and interests.
- You can indicate another role in the same application form. Duplicate entries will slow down your application with us.
- Kindly upload both your resume and degree audit or transcript in PDF format all under Resume attachment upload
- Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Address||7 Straits View, Pricewaterhousecoopers Cm Services Pte. Ltd., Singapore 018936|
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
- Industry: Consulting (Business & Management)
- Registration No.: 198105170G