Queenstown Jobs Occupational Therapist Position at Apsn Education Services Ltd.
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
Our company, Apsn Education Services Ltd. is currently opening occasion for those of you who are interested in becoming a part of our company specifically Queenstown and its surrounding areas. For those of you who are interested to be a part of our company with the position of Occupational Therapist and able to work in the WFO (Work From Office) system with full time working hours.
We will openly welcome you if you meet these following criteria:
- Qualification: Not Specified
- Experienced in Healthcare & Diagnosis/Others
- Honest, disciplined, and responsible
- Uphold professionalism in the work environment
We offer you a fairly competitive base salary of SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700 in average and can be adjusted according to the capabilities that you offer for our company and have been negotiated under HRD agreement.
|Apsn Education Services Ltd.
|Type of Work
You shall be responsible for assessing and identifying individual needs of students &/or trainees with occupational therapy issues and concerns. You will also formulate, develop and customise appropriate occupational therapy programs for the students &/or trainees.
Evaluation & Assessment
- Assess the underlying skills and issues related to hand function, oral motor function, visual motor and perceptual skills, sensory awareness/processing, self-care and pre-vocational tasks in the educational setting.
- Review suitability of referrals for occupational therapy intervention.
- Gather informative data through formal and informal assessment. These would include parents/guardian, teacher’s interview; classroom observation and review of student’s personal file etc.
- Provide re-assessment, review of goals and progress regularly (every semester).
- Recommend appropriate adaptive equipment and assistive devices as required by the students &/or trainees to improve function.
- Monitor and evaluate students’/trainees’ functional abilities and make recommendations to support students’/trainees’ suitability for open employment.
Program Planning / Intervention
- Provide individual and/or group occupational therapy session that will improve students’/ trainees’ functional performance and skills.
- Select and prepare functional activities that can be easily modified to match students’/ trainnes’ skill and interest thus ensure success.
- Recommend classroom and work site modifications.
- Conduct home visit as and when necessary.
- Provide parent /caregiver support such as home program to ensure and encourage continuity of the occupational therapy intervention at home.
- Assist on various aspects of training for students/trainees on job-trial and work preparation program
- Keep proper inventory of all equipment and fixtures with regular updating.
- Propose and justify budget for the appropriate OT program
- Participate actively in continuing education program within the organization, NCSS and other professional bodies.
- Conduct in-house training programs for relevant staff / parents / caregivers / volunteers in the organization.
- Submit monthly report and other related written reports to school principal/ centre director.
- Liaise with various professional disciplines in the rehabilitative treatment process.
- Liaise with various discipline involved in the rehabilitative treatment process. (e.g teachers, parents, principal/ centre director, school administrator and professional staff)
- Recognized diploma/degree in Occupational Therapy with 3 to 5 years clinical experience
- Good team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Relevant work experience with children and young adults with intellectual disability would be an advantage
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Valid practising certificate with Allied Health Professional Council (AHPC)
Additional Notes to Applicants:
APSN operates 4 Special Education (SPED) Schools and 1 Sheltered Workshop (Centre for Adults) with locations as below:
- APSN Chaoyang – Ang Mo Kio
- APSN Katong School – New Upper Changi Road
- APSN Tanglin School – Alexandra Road
- APSN Delta Senior School – Choa Chu Kang; and
- APSN Centre for Adults – Jalan Ubi
Do indicate your interest in School-Based or Centre-Based work and your preferred work locations when you apply.
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.