Queenstown Jobs Senior / Medical Technologist (clinical Measurement Clinic)(4704) – Alexandra Hospital Position at National University Health System Pte Ltd
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
Do you currently live in the Queenstown and its surrounding areas and are looking for job vacancies? We are pleased to inform you that our company office, National University Health System Pte Ltd is currently seeking candidates to then join and fill the position as Senior / Medical Technologist (Clinical Measurement Clinic)(4704) - Alexandra Hospital and able to work under full time working hours system.
We are a competent professional company, therefore we have specific criteria for the interested candidates. We give priority to candidates who are experienced in the field of Healthcare & Practitioner/Medical Asst with a minimum Bachelor's Degree. In addition, we also prioritize candidates who are professional at work, uphold honesty, discipline in responsibility, and are capable to complete their task as well as possible.
We are offering a salary of SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700 for this position for interested candidates. However, this salary range can be negotiated and changed if the candidate's credibility exceeds our expectations and for sure, the agreement is adjusted to the policies of our company's HRD. Your capability will be highly appreciated by our company.
|National University Health System Pte Ltd
|Senior / Medical Technologist (clinical Measurement Clinic)(4704) - Alexandra Hospital
|Type of Work
The senior/vascular medical technologist is responsible for the overall running of the Vascular Diagnostic Centre under the direction of the Head of Clinical Measurement Centre, providing prompt, accurate and reliable services. performs and interprets non-invasive examinations of patients with vascular diseases in order to provide a diagnosis as well as an evaluation of the extent of the disease to enable the clinicians to plan the appropriate treatment and management. Senior position will also undertake duties of greater responsibilities including supervision, quality assurance, budgeting laboratory expenses as well as carry out research projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities and Duties (80%)
Perform duplex scan and other vascular examinations as follows :
- Duplex scan of the carotid and the peripheral arterial system of both upper and lower extremities (to rule out peripheral arterial disease or aneurysm)
- Venous duplex scan (to rule out venous thrombosis and insufficiency of the extremities
- Duplex of visceral arteries such as SMA and celiac artery
- Surveillance scan of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AA), AA stent graft, pseudoaneurysm, post-arterial bypass grafts and vascular access to facilitate optimal timing of surgical intervention
- Assist surgeon in ultrasound-guided thrombin injection to treat patients with pseudoaneurysm
- Perform comparative studies involving treadmill, pressure studies and photoplethysmography
- Perform procedures in a manner to ensure patient confidentiality, safety, comfort and privacy.
- Carry out procedures to ensure patient confidentiality, safety, comfort and privacy.
- Demonstrate competent clinical skills and knowledge in the delivery of patient care.
- Demonstrate proper and economical use of consumables and supplies.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Clear and precise documentation is necessary for continuity and accuracy of care and quality assurance.
- Document diagnostic and patient data in the appropriate manner, according to the policy of the department.
- Ensure that the documentation is timely, accurate, concise and complete.
- Provide clear and accurate pictorial report for interpreting physician to interpret.
- Provide clear and concise preliminary report for interpreting physician for verification.
- Audit of the vascular services with feedback from radiological findings and the vascular surgeons.
Administrative and Service Development
- Responsible for daily operations and quality assurance in the area of vascular disease management
- Develop and carry out policies and procedures to ensure patient confidentiality, safety, comfort and privacy.
- Update protocols for each vascular specialty, complete with procedures, technique and diagnostic criteria (with reference and support)
- Ensure proper record keeping of all vascular procedures and findings
- Liaise with medical, nursing and other staff on technical and/or scientific matters as appropriate
- Administration of Vascular Diagnostic Centre budgets and service development
- Monitor and report on the results of research, training and performance
- Monitor periodic audit of ultrasound examinations, validated with a recognized “Gold Standard”
Secondary Responsibilities and Duties (20%)
- Participation in ongoing research
- Facilitate research into vascular disease
- Lead/participate in service improvement projects
- Interaction with doctors, nurses and healthcare professionals from other department to optimize vascular service provided and increase awareness of the vascular service to meet the clinical needs of patients.
- Attend in-service lectures, courses and seminars.
- Supervise and train junior member of staff to ensure standards, safety and quality control.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned by Head of department.
Qualification & Experience
- Degree in Medical Technology or equivalent with minimum of 3 years of related work experience in Vascular Ultrasound
- Accreditation by professional society e.g. ARDMS (RVT) will be an added advantage.
Skill and Knowledge
- Computer literacy
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certified
- Possess a positive, a can-do and proactive working attitude, with initiative and flexibility
- Meticulous, with good organization skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Pleasant and easy going personality
If the role sounds interesting to you, please contact ‘**@nuhs.edu.sg’ to understand more on the role. Please indicate the position that you are interested in the subject heading.
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
About the National University Health System (NUHS)
Spanning three acute hospitals, two community hospitals, three national centres, six polyclinics, three family medicine clinics, and three health science institutions, our unique and comprehensive ecosystem anchors NUHS as a leading academic health system in Singapore – driven by research and education.
Inspired by our patients and the population that we serve, our strong network of talents and resources across our institutions provide patient-centred care across the whole continuum - improving health and driving transformation from primary, tertiary to complex care. In close collaboration with our community partners, we aim to deliver “Incredible Care and Health, Together”!
Members of the NUHS:
• National University Hospital
• Ng Teng Fong General Hospital
• Alexandra Hospital
• Jurong Community Hospital
• National University Polyclinics
• National University Cancer Centre, Singapore
• National University Heart Centre, Singapore
• National University Centre for Oral Health, Singapore
• NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
• NUS Faculty of Dentistry
• NUS Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health
- Industry: Healthcare / Medical
- Registration No.: 200801778C
- Company Size: More than 5000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 9 days
- Benefits & Others: Miscellaneous allowance, Medical, Sports (e.g. Gym), Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Business (e.g. Shirts)