Bukit Timah Jobs Teacher (primary Mathematics & Digital Literacy) Position at The Perse School (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
We are currently looking for adequate candidates to fill the position of Teacher (Primary Mathematics & Digital Literacy). For candidates who reside in Bukit Timah and its surrounding areas, we are looking forward to hearing from you to join our team at The Perse School (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. and willing to work in our office under full time working hours system.
We have specific requirements for each of our employees as well as potential workers because we are a professional and knowledgeable business in the field we work in. We look forward to hearing from you soon if you have expertise in the fields of Education/Training & Education with a minimum Not Specified.
We can give you a fairly competitive salary in the amount of SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700 on average. It also can be modified based on the credibility and experience you can provide for our business in accordance with our company HRD agreement.
|Company||The Perse School (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.|
|Position||Teacher (primary Mathematics & Digital Literacy)|
|Work Experience||4 years|
|Type of Work||Full-Time|
|Minimum Salary||SGD 2.000|
|Maximum Salary||SGD 5.700|
The Perse School Singapore is a British International School which brings over 400 years of tradition, values, and educational excellence from Cambridge to Singapore. We encourage a culture of international mindedness, promote respect, and encourage empathy and thoughtfulness. We work hard to ensure that every child is valued as an individual and goes on to develop a life-long love of learning.
The Perse School Singapore offers a British curriculum for Key Stage 1 (age 5 to 7 years old), Key Stage 2 (age 7 to 11 years old). Currently, we have a year 7 class and will add a year 8 class in August 2023. There are plans to open a year 9 class and Key Stage 4 and 5. We are a growing two-form entry co-education school with 185 children on role between the ages of 5 and 12. There is a healthy balance between the development of outstanding academic achievements and the nurturing of character for each individual pupil.
At the Perse School Singapore, we value:
- Endeavour which means we aim high and challenge ourselves, try our best and are not afraid to make mistakes.
- Intellectual curiosity and scholarship which means we love learning, thinking deeply and being creative, and welcome reasoned debate.
- Breadth and balance which means we are involved, engaged, and committed, and take full advantage of the opportunities we are given.
- Respect one another and our environment which means we each play our part in creating a kind and considerate community, and we care for ourselves, each other, and those in need.
We are looking to recruit a dedicated and passionate Mathematics specialist with Digital Literacy experience to join an exciting team of educators at the Perse School in Singapore. This role would suit either an experienced teacher or an ambitious recently qualified teacher who has completed their NQT/ECT year or qualified teacher from a reputable teaching college.
The successful candidate will be accountable to the Assistant Head in the following areas:
- Upholding the positive ethos and core values of the school.
- Plan curriculum, lesson plans and age-appropriate teaching materials for classes, which may include phonics and guided reading.
- Demonstrate a high level of relevant curriculum knowledge and deliver lessons effectively.
- Using appropriate assessment tools for formative and summative assessments.
- Having a clear understanding of the needs of all pupils, including those with special educational needs, more able, and EAL and be able to use and evaluate distinctive teaching approaches to engage and support them.
- Establishing and maintaining a purposeful and positive learning atmosphere, with high expectations of all.
- Modelling good social skills to children, active listening, turn taking, compromise and conflict resolution.
- Communicating with parents regularly on learners’ progress and issues related to learning, where necessary.
- Assist with auditing, planning, and purchasing of departmental resources.
Teaching and Learning
- Plan curriculum, lesson plans and age-appropriate teaching materials for classes
- Demonstrate a high level of relevant curriculum knowledge and deliver lessons effectively
- Use appropriate assessment tools for formative and summative assessments
- Have a clear understanding of the needs of all pupils, including those with special educational needs, the more able, and those with EAL, and be able to use and evaluate distinctive teaching approaches to engage and support them
- Establish and maintain a purposeful and positive learning atmosphere, with high expectations of all
- Communicate with parents regularly on learners’ progress and issues related to learning where necessary
- Contribute to the reports proof reading process.
- Uphold the positive ethos and core values of the school
- Act as a form teacher and be involved in the pastoral life of the school
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of all students
- Involve themselves fully in the life of the school and play an active part in their school house
- Take part in school assemblies, school productions and major events and supervise pupils before and after school sessions
Qualifications: honours degree; PGCE or equivalent
Skills and Experience
- An evident passion for teaching and learning
- The ability to create meaningful learning opportunities for pupils
- A proven track record of teaching excellence and outstanding subject knowledge
- The ability to engage and inspire pupils of all abilities and backgrounds
- High level of literacy and attention to detail
- ICT competence and willingness to learn and use new technologies
- Empathy for pupils, parents, and fellow staff
- A generosity of spirit towards the demands of a busy and growing international school, as the role requires flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills in order to manage multiple commitments and deadlines
- Emotional resilience to cope with, and learn from, challenging situations
The Perse School Singapore is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in its care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks and successful references.
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
The Perse School Singapore offers a high quality and high value education that embodies the spirit and traditions of The Perse School Cambridge in a modern, technologically enabled classroom.
Upholding our shared Persean vision to love learning and strive for the greater good, our pupils aged 6-11 will thrive in an educational philosophy that is rooted in 4 core Persean values, a curriculum that stretches their intellect and shapes their holistic development through balanced and well-designed ECAs.
Benchmarking against The Perse School Cambridge’s high standards, our team of passionate and dedicated teachers create exciting educational spaces where children engage in active learning. The supportive pastoral ethos and spirit that is intrinsic every classroom and staff ensure that children at The Perse School Singapore grow up feeling safe, happy and ready for what life has to offer.
At The Perse School Singapore, our pupils embark on learning as a 3D adventure that nurtures a thirst for knowledge, stimulates wider learning with outdoor pursuits that encourage reflection and kindness. Our staff inspires in all pupils the love of learning and promote the development of confident, balanced and considerate pupils.
- Industry: Education
- Registration No.: 201809267C
- Company Size: 1 - 50 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 23 days
- Benefits & Others: Dental, Miscellaneous allowance, Medical, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Business (e.g. Shirts)